back to article LinkedIn thinks it's worth $4bn on eve of IPO

Social-networking-for-suits website LinkedIn has increased the target price for shares it will sell tomorrow in its Initial Public Offering. The site is selling 4,827,804 shares, and its investors are offering another 3,012,196, for between $42 and $45 each, up almost a quarter on previous estimates. The company previously …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Code Monkey

Just Bubble numbers?

Yes

2. earlyjester
    Joke

The title is required, and must contain letters and/or digits.

I'm waiting for class c 'the magic beans' to be onsale

3. Marvin the Martian

I still get weekly pokes to recognise connections.

I've once signed up, forgot login details, and still there's every week a few suggested (mostly correct) connection-inferences (read: someone in the same building a decade ago, and I indeed was on speaking terms). Sometimes I'm still in contact, and they turn out to be in much the same situation -- having once signed up.

Judging by my track record (I signed up with Friendster ages ago, used a week or two), this is not the one that'll make it.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Down

has anyone...

...ever got anything useful from LinkedIn?

I really don't see the point. I imagine the vast majority of the huge userbase they claim is just like me... signed up once out of curiousity and then cajoled to login occasionally to be polite when people I know put in link requests.

Does it help my business? Nope. Not a penny ever.

I don't do FB either, but I know plenty of people who waste many hours on that every day. Nobody surely spends that kind of time in LinkedIn.

4bn dollars? There have surely got to be some huge mugs out there. It like the 90s all over again.

1. Fred Flintstone Gold badge

I have, but I moved to Xing

The problem with LinkedIn is that every time you twitch it broadcasts that to everyone in your network - you have no control over the information it distributes, only over how much you receive of it.

Xing seems to be better in that respect, but it's not as popular.

5. Tom 13

At least the prospectus

shows a profit last year and first three months of this year. Might be overpriced, but at least there's a reasonable probability of making money in the future. I haven't personally benefited from my membership, but then I'm not much of one for networking. Some people I know are, and they seem to get value from it.

6. Ian 55

The spammers are getting really greedy

$4bn? That's only about 1c per email it's sent...

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like