back to article Huawei draws blood in ZTE patent tussle

Telecom-equipment maker Huawei Technologies has been awarded an injunction against its Chinese rival, ZTE Technologies, the target of a flurry of patent and trademark lawsuits Huawei filed in Germany, France, and Hungary. "Huawei has received the injunction as part of our legal claim that ZTE is infringing on our trademark," …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Andus McCoatover

Missed something here...

Huawei. ZTE. "People's reublic" of China. Patents. IP.

???????????

Er, help me out, someone. I can't remember where I came in.

2. Gene Cash Silver badge
    Coat

I'm so PROUD!

We've taught the Russians capitalism, and we've taught the Chinese about IP & patents!

Sob... brings a tear to my eye, it does!

3. itspoyle
    Pirate

oh the irony

Wasn't it Huawei who complety lifted the Cisco hardware and software portfolio in routers and swicthes some years ago and got into a bit of a pickle about that.

4. Anonymous Coward
    WTF?

The trademark is a recycling logo!

Have you looked at the "trademark" that's being infringed? It's a logo for compliance with EU hazardous chemical regulations.

It's a bit stupid of ZTE to use it, but they may well have been confused as to why Huawai even created and trademarked their own such logo and assumed it was an official EU one.

Assuming that they do actually comply with the RoHS legislation that the mark indicates then this is a bit of a legal oddity.

5. Longinus
    Grenade

Hypocrits

"Huawei has received the injunction as part of our legal claim that ZTE is infringing on our trademark,"......how rich coming from the Reverse Engineering Masters of the Universe

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like