back to article Facebook pulls plugs on Mark Zuckerberg’s Facebook profile

Oh the pain: a consumer bankruptcy and home foreclosure attorney in Indianapolis is adjusting to life without Facebook, after an identity clash led to his account being disabled. Mark S Zuckerberg, whose problems with the social networking site began, predictably, when he first tried to join. At that point, he told a local TV …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Purlieu

Twins

Are the Winkelvii on FB ?

2. jake Silver badge

Thus neatly demonstrating why ...

... the entire so-called "social networking" phenomenon has absolutely nothing to do with either being social, nor useful networking.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Stop

title

*Only* 350 friends?

This constant facebook whoreing is getting crazy when a profile with 350 "friends" is considered poor.

I know Zuckerberg will have many many more "friends", but it's still suggesting 350 "friends" is a pitiful amount.

1. Version 1.0 Silver badge
      Happy

Problem was ...

The "real" Mark Zuckerberg doesn't even have 350 friends?

4. Shonko Kid
    Troll

He should just change his name.

Not that big a deal.

Oops, sorry! Wrong arrogant CEO.

Perhaps he should email the other Mark with a line such as "I'm Mark Zuckerberg, Bitch!"

Or throw chairs...

The Industries top bosses are beginning to look like the 3 stooges.

1. Code Monkey
      Headmaster

Beginning?

I agree with the overwhelming majority of your post. It's just the word "beginning" I object to.

5. Dale 3

Photos

You'd think they could tell from his photos, presumably.

6. Cameron Colley

This highlights a major problem with Facebook.

That people expect you to have an account.

People look at you funnily in social situations when you tell them you haven't signed up and people at work think you "odd". There are even people who seem to expect employees to have Facebook accounts and join the company group.

It's a very sad state of affairs when people are expected to sign up as content creators for a marketing firm to appear "normal".

1. stucs201

This highlights a mojor problem with the telephone system

That people expect you to have a telephone.

People look at you funnily in social situation when you tell them you haven't got a telephone and people at work think you "odd".

Fact is that people use facebook to communicate. I might prefer not to have to bother with it, but I'd rather have an account than miss out on things. I don't much like phones either, but have one because its useful, I don't expect people to visit or write a letter every time they want to talk to me.

1. Cameron Colley

@stucs201

Except a telephone doesn't involve giving your personal details to, and helping to create content for, a man who views you a dumb fuck and a bitch.

A telephone is also a good business communication tool, and one that many places of work provide you with for internal or external use. The fact that some bosses assume you do the aforementioned unpaid content creation work in your spare time and want to tell them all about your life is a little different.

Oh, yes, also Facebook is not a communication medium it is but one use of a thing called the world wide web which, in turn, is a subset of the communication medium called the internet.

1. stucs201

you don't have to hand over nearly as much as you think

> Except a telephone doesn't involve giving your personal details to, and helping to create content for, a man who views you a dumb fuck and a bitch.

You don't have to hand over much. An email address and a name. The email can be one you only use for facebook and the name doesn't even have to be real provided your friends know what to look for to find you. I'm fairly sure we've both handed over that level of information to The Register...

Everything else is optional, don't enter it, or make stuff up.

> A telephone is also a good business communication tool, and one that many places of work provide you with for internal or external use. The fact that some bosses assume you do the aforementioned unpaid content creation work in your spare time and want to tell them all about your life is a little different.

Business communication tool? I care more about the party/pub invites thanks.

I do agree work shouldn't care about your facebook account though.

> Oh, yes, also Facebook is not a communication medium it is but one use of a thing called the world wide web which, in turn, is a subset of the communication medium called the internet.

But its a bit that some people choose to use to communicate, I find it useful to be able to recieve those communications. I know people could email me even though they've done most of the party invite on facebook, but thats extra hassle for them and excludes me from the discussion which is likely happening on facebook.

Claiming facebook isn't a communication tool because it relies on the internet and the internet has other ways to communicate is like claiming SMS isn't a communication method because it is only one part of a phone which has other ways of contacting people.

1. Cameron Colley

I think you just admitted to breach of contract.

I gave the Ts and Cs of Facebook a brief going over and from what I saw you have to give a real name in order to comply.

At work I care about work and not party invites, but that may just be me. I take your point about it being a way of communicating but it's not efficient and it's also a little conflicted between being personal, public and business and, in my opinion at least, doesn't do any properly.

2. Anonymous Coward
          Anonymous Coward

@Cameron Colley

"Except a telephone doesn't involve giving your personal details to, and helping to create content for, a man who views you a dumb fuck and a bitch."

You win today's "Top naivety there, pal!" award. Congratulations!

1. Cameron Colley

Oh, damn, you mean this is appearing on Facebook, AC?

Or do you mean El Reg say I'm a dumb fuck and a bitch? Oh, you mean the firm I work for are in breach of the DPA and have handed my details over to advertisers in return for my use of a phone? Seriously, how do you know that?

Oh, I see, you're trying to be clever.

Nothing you're expected to have or use in relation to your job should force you to give details to a reckless, foreign third-party marketing firm.

7. Evil Auditor Silver badge
    Coat

"nearly impossible to speak with humans at Facebook"

Why would you join FB if you want to speak to human beings?! My mind boggles.

8. <user />
    WTF?

tit-le

Really, who gives a fuck?

Really, why did I open this story?

Do I give a fuck? Nah.

1. Eradicate all BB entrants

Ummmm

It's plainly obvious you do a little as you took the trouble to read it, scroll to the bottom, click the comments link and post a comment complete with punctuation and new lines.

Gods man you entered a password to do that, to me that shows you care a great deal but for some obscure reason want to hide it behind a wall of apathy.

9. Elmer Phud
    Happy

Wierd

How strange, someone trying to use thier real name for a Facebook account.

10. Dan Beshear
    Badgers

How to talk to someone at Facebook

Buy advertising. Probably works for talking to the bigshots at El Reg too, but at least Andrew or Lester will email you back if you sound like you have a clue.

11. Stuart Elliott

Don't hold your breath Mark

"However, the site promises to reverse the administrative cock-up, he said."

I am still awaiting my account being reinstated since February of last year, I got bored of my monthly email update requests after 12 months, and haven't heard anything back since about September of last year.

12. The Fuzzy Wotnot
    Pint

Hmmm....

"At that point, he told a local TV station, he had to jump through hoops to get an account, providing everything from birth certificate to his Bar Association license to prove his ID."

All that just to join Facebook AND submitting your most important docs to FaceBook, not an organisation known for good security practices?

One born every minute, is all I can say!

13. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Only 350 friends?

Only 350 friends? Way to go El Reg, make me feel insecure and friendless with my mere 230 friends!

A/C because im friendless and nobody loves me!

1. Wallyb132
      Grenade

Yeah, I know what you mean...

I feel even more like a loser, I have zero friends... My own family doesn't even add me as a friend, i really fell like a loser now... Oh wait, hold on second, do i have to start an account first before i can add friends? This might be the problem, i never bothered to start an account on face(loss-of-privacy)book. I do a good enough job on my own fucking up my privacy, i dont need some snot nosed CE-Biotch-O who thinks i'm a fucking idiot doing it for me..

14. NightFox

Ironic...

...that there's a surfeit of Eduardo Saverin's on there.

To be honest though, If my name was Mark Zuckerberg the last thing I'd want is a Facebook account. It would have been a bit like attending a fancy dress party in Pakistan dressed as Osama bin Laden prior to last week.

15. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

Any attorney who uses FaceBook

is no attorney of mine....

16. Graham Marsden
    Pirate

There can be only one...

... Bitch!

(Icon because it's the one with swords ;-) )

17. Winston Smith
    Pint

Re: subheader

Haven't you heard they come in six-packs?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like