back to article Portal 2 maker punts Portal 2 making pack

Game developer Valve has launched the Portal 2 Authoring Tools beta, so avid designers can get their hands dirty creating their own custom maps of the game. The kit, which includes the setup that Valve used to make Portal 2, allows users to create singleplayer and co-op maps as well as 3D models, sound effects and music. …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Vitani

Oopsie

"found under the 'Tools' tab in Stream"

Stream?

2. Anonymous Coward
    Stop

PS3 version

of course can use these user-generated levels, thanks to it's SteamWorks support.

3. Rick Brasche
    Thumb Up

as if the game alone didn't suck...up enough of my life! :)

now I'm gonna live like GlaDOS and find ways to perplex and baffle victims into early and hopefully comedically entertaining demises!

It beats taking up a hobby, like cloning, I suppose. And gives me a chance to do something creative with lemons...

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

err

I actually went slightly cross eyed reading the title. Then I realised my eyes were working properly.

1. Tom 38

Could have been worse

"Portal 2 publisher punts Portal 2 production pack"

5. Ed
    FAIL

Lazy?

Rather lazily written article isn't it? Both the 'Stream' typo and "The kit includes a version that Valve used to make Portal 2..." - a version of what?

6. Miek
    Thumb Up

Cool

Definitely going to get the PC version instead of the PS3 version now.

1. Peter H. Coffin

Why buy a PC version instead?

When you link your PS3 installation of Portal 2 to your Steam account and hand it the activation code included in the box, Steam gives you a license for the PC version as well.

1. durandal
        FAIL

On the assumption that PSN ever comes back...

Not that I'm bitter or owt!

7. Destroy All Monsters Silver badge
    Coat

Yes!!!

Now everyone can play Wheatley!

Just need to practice my classical music and reading skills. Also, DAT ACCENT!

Ok, I'm going. I'm going. Forget I said anything.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like