back to article Osama malware scams spread to Facebook

News of Osama bin Laden's assassination may have appeared on Twitter before the official confirmation but surfers following up supposed offers of live kill footage from Facebook or email will almost certainly end up hitting malware. Breaking news items are often taken as the theme for search engine manipulation designed to …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Dead Vulture

Errrr...

"Altogether surfers would do better to get their news from recognised news outlets, a general piece of advice that applies to all breaking news items and not just the death of the world's most notorious terrorist. "

No.

http://www.informationweek.com/news/internet/security/212901775

2. Elmer Phud
    Happy

Missing something

"surfers following up supposed offers of live kill footage from Facebook or email will almost certainly end up hitting malware"

But I'm still getting nice looking young Russian ladies wanting to be my friend - nowt about USA winning the hide-and-seek game.

3. Thomas_Kent
    Big Brother

My wife...

has already received a link to "Osama Death Photos" from her niece on her Facebook account.

We deleted it without clicking on it, of course. (And sent a message to her niece to be more careful in future!).

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like