back to article Cisco trims bloat

Cisco Systems has taken some hit points in recent quarters from its bloated business lines and unfocused product and marketing efforts. In response today, it announced its expected corporate reorganization. Most changes are in its engineering efforts, which is a tacit admission that the data networking giant has as much a …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. prathlev
    Happy

Pull the other one...

"In short, Cisco has gone from a company that runs itself based on marketing teams back to one that is focused on engineering and sale"

I would love for that to be the case, and it might happen in my lifetime, but boy do they have a long way to go. IMHO of course. And I wouldn't trade my current Cisco-centric job for another one anyway.

2. cmaurand
    Linux

Cisco

I don't know. Their equipment doesn't generally perform as well as the competition and is way overpriced; especially for small businesses. I work for a company that recently replaced a supermicro server running vyatta (total cost $650.00) with uptime that ran for 630 days (until a power failure lasted longer than the battery) and 3 D-Link unmanaged switches with a cisco 2921 and a 3650 (cost: thousands) and that old system worked just as well if not better than the new one. With Cisco you're buying a name. The equipment? not that good.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Cisco, HP, D-Link, Netgear

All made by Asus or Foxconn

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like