back to article Duke Nukem taken to the shrink

Duke Nukem 3D's Shrinker weapon returns in DK Forever - with comic results. Nuff said. Duke Nukem

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. G C M Roberts
    Coat

Icon suggestion

I'm thinking we need a where's the "Duke Nukem angle" icon

2. bluesxman
    Grenade

Not a great showcase IMHO

The collision detection looks a bit, well, shite.

See the truck with only two wheels on the ramp still launching perfectly. And the Duke stamping on the shrunken enemies.

An eon in the making and the little things still look like they need polish in the demo videos. Ho hum.

1. Ian Ferguson
      Grenade

Yes, imperfect

But the humour looks good (loved the alien grabbing his shin) and if it's entertaining to play, who cares about perfection in graphics and physics.

1. bluesxman
        Grenade

RE: Yes, imperfect

I'm realistic enough not to expect perfection, but I'd certainly expect a demo video for a game so long in the making to have glossed over deficiencies such as these with some careful editing or to have chosen some different "takes" that looked nicer.

My concern now is that the "finished" product could be rife with such problems.

But as long they've worked on the little humorous touches, like a monster grabbing its shin, who gives a crap about how the rest of the game plays, right?

1. Matt Bryant Silver badge
          FAIL

RE: RE: Yes, imperfect

I'm assuming your idea of a "perfect game" is one where you just get to brag about the framerates your "uber-rig" gets you? Some of us actually enjoy a game for more than just correct physics, some of us even turn down graphic detail or other effects even if we don't need to, just in the hope of getting a few more frags in multiplayer mode. I'd much rather have a humourous and enjoyable game than a perfectly boring game. The old DN3D used 2D sprites when other competing titles used proper 3D, but DN3D was so much more fun to play and wiped the floor with the competition in sales. Hence the following and hence the reason so many of us are waiting for DNF. It would seem you probably just aren't sick enough for the Duke. Probably best you go back to Tetris.

3. Sir Runcible Spoon
    Heart

Sir

Did that say June 14th? This year?? I think I just peed.

1. Sorry that handle is already taken. Silver badge

Re: Sir

With laughter?

4. Winkypop Silver badge
    Thumb Up

Yeeehaaaaaa!!

See title.

This topic is closed for new posts.