back to article HP engineering veep spills cloud plans onto LinkedIn

HP is building a wide range of public cloud services, including Amazon-like "infrastructure clouds" offering instant access to readily scalable processing power, storage, and networking resources as well as a "development cloud" for building, hosting, and scaling applications based on Java, Ruby, and other open source languages …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

fluff

Has HP redefined AAA? I thought the 3rd A was "Accounting". This of course makes the statement following it mean that they've re-invented the wheel...again...

2. Ilgaz

Leak on purpose?

Wonder if they were getting some pressure to tell their cloud plans and some guy, playing "dumb" abused linkedin to tell them in a low profile.

I can't believe such high level guys in enterprise companies who fills up 50 NDA agreements daily would be that dumb? I always see such dumb leaks in a different way, like some kind of bait to see market/consumer reaction. Apple/MS/RIM, all does it, why wouldn't HP?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Not that smart

Because HP isn't that smart.

2. Matt Bryant Silver badge
      Happy

RE: Leak on purpose?

Nah, he was probably hoping to get the job sorting out the Amazon mess!

3. dave 46
      Headmaster

remember grasshopper

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.

4. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Assume incompetence

Always assume incompetence. HP isn't that devious.

3. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

Cloud != Utopia

Considering recent events at Amazon, I'm not sure the market is going to grow at the rates previously anticipated... it'll take at least 6 months for people to forget...

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

schadenfraude

"Scott McClellan, ... interim vice president of engineering"

So Scott, what are the chances of becoming a full VP? Good luck with that.

5. Smoking Man

Director of Green

The story reminds me of one of the best episodes of the Dilbert Comic series ever:

PHB: "Let me introduce you to Andy, our new Director of Green!"

Dilbert: "Director of Green? How do you get a position like that?"

Andy: "You start with being the director of something else and screwing it up.."

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like