back to article RIM warns investors, greets developers

Last week RIM slipped out a profit warning to investors, letting them know that its previous forecasts were on the optimistic side and delays in device launches were hurting. RIM has told its investors that sales for the last quarter will be "slightly below" the $5.2bn it had predicted, and that profits will drop more than 11 …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. NoneSuch Silver badge
    Badgers

Well...

Putting out a tablet that cannot do email or tie into an existing BES server by itself might have been the first clue investors had that something was not right in the world of RIM.

Honestly, they shot themselves in the foot with the Playbook. Lets hope PB2 is a wee bit better.

1. Prof
      Heart

PlayBook looks good

It's not a blackberry phone in itself no. But the bridge system means any blackberry owner gets all that anyway plus a 3G connection without added contract costs.

I'm set to receive the Playbook in the next week or two, and I have to say, I can't wait to get my hands on it. I think the hardware looks great, and the software is only going to get better. Don't write it off yet!

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like