back to article 4oD plods onto iPad

If you're an iPad owner that uses on-demand video services, then you'll be pleased to know Channel 4 has launched a 4oD iPad app. There is also talk of the service coming to Xbox Live. Following the success of the BBC iPlayer for iPad, it should be unsurprising that Channel 4 would be after a piece of the same cake. The free …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Yeah but,

4oD is rubbish quality compared with iPlayer. I can barely stand to watch it. Massive blockiness going on there.

2. foxski
    WTF?

booo

What about iphone? Might not have the screen real-estate but I can happily watch player, etc. so why not 4od??

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I can't watch 4OD any more

Since C4 decided my (static) IP address was actually a proxy - which it's not, and never has been.

Their tech support can't do anything about this. Most of them don't even understand the problem.

Good job someone's made the one or two things I might want to watch available as torrents, generally in higher quality than 4OD ever managed to deliver.

1. 20legend

why not...

...use a vpn with a UK ip address to get round the problem?

4. JDX Gold badge

i

Have Apple tried to sue the BBC over the name iPlayer yet?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Unhappy

Title required

I doubt it, the super trendy metropolitan meeja outlet that is the Beeb is just about Apples main advertising agency in the UK.

I'm sure the Beeb is also a major buyer of shiny fruit tech.

5. DominicT
    WTF?

I'm no fanboy but...

It seems a bit strange not to mention the fact that you can get the iPlayer, ITVPlayer and 4OD on the PS3 (and Wii, I think). It's worth pointing-out if you're talking about streaming TV on consoles, surely?

1. Danny 14

plus

XBMC has a few video addons, not for 4OD though - although I suspect this stream will be tapped now.

6. James Thomas

What about Android?

I can't test this myself, but surely you can get all of the VoD services on android already, since it's not crippled by the Apples refusal to allow flash content?

If so then it's just another reason to steer clear of the Apple lock-in.

1. MikeyD85
      Thumb Up

Android Flash

Desktop variants of iPlayer and ITV Player are fine. Can't say I've used 4OD on my phone yet.

2. mrh2

well..

not all Flash content actually works on Android despite the hype so I would't bet on it.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like