back to article Sky to show FA Cup match in 3D

Sky will broadcast this year's FA Cup final, between Manchester City and Stoke City, live in 3D on 14 May - without ad breaks to spoil the effect, apparently. Sky World subscribers with a Sky+ HD box and a 3D TV will be able to watch the match at home in 3D. Every other footie fan will have to visit one of the 1500-odd pubs …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Caff

3d commentators?

Does that mean 3d talking heads during half time?

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

How good of sky

To not have ads in a premium 3D channel that's available at an extra cost over the standard non 3D channel...so long as you already pay the extra cost to have the HD subscription....and the extra cost to have the Sports channel in the first place.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Actually

The 3D channel is free. but you do need to be subscribing to sky world + HD to receive it.

2. hplasm
      Thumb Up

Agreed-

I'd buy a hardware ad-blocker for paid-for cable/sat TV.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

title

Thats what the PVR feature is for, does anybody even watch adverts anymore? I certainly don't.

3. Ben Naylor
    FAIL

Crock of Sh*t

3D is a load of balls. It basically gives you a headache and lowers the quality. For once, Techrepublic puts the point across very well.

http://www.techrepublic.com/blog/hiner/stop-being-duped-by-the-3d-scam/7983

4. McBread
    Megaphone

But commentary...

...still to be one dimensional?

5. David 39
    FAIL

But the only reason

I bought a 3dTV subscribe to skys' extortionate package was to watch Barry Sheen sell me Cillit Bang in 3d :(

6. Stanislaw
    Coat

Come on, The Potters!

... all thirty-three of you!

Red & white stripes. Ta duck.

7. The Fuzzy Wotnot
    Happy

Cheers!

You've given me just one more reason to get up the basement steps and go outside into the RealWorld(tm)!

8. JDX Gold badge

@Ben Naylor

Doesn't give me a headache. Certainly far less so than opinion masquerading as fact on these forums.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like