back to article Vodafone AU falls on Easter Sunday

Australian Vodafone customers enjoyed a unique Easter Sunday gift from their network provider of choice as a network glitch prevented users from sending or receiving text messages. The unexplained seven hour outage caused customers to vent their rage across all social media channels available with the term ‘Vodafail’ maintaining …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Neil Greatorex

It's in TFA

"swapping out its Ericsson base station gear with Huawei equipment"

Natch.

2. Jonnyacidseed
    FAIL

Jonnyacidseed

Vodafail is a great name for these guys. They fail in all aspects of service. My 10+ years relationship with them is over simply because they dont give a monkeys about anything I have to say to them. They respond with "couldnt care less" attitudes and their response to my complaints is to offer me an upgrade to my service - at extra charge- of course, and a new 24 month contract! Guess what Vodafail, I dont want a new 24 month contract! I WANT OUT!

1. Mark 65

Indeed

I can barely wait the remaining 5 months of my contract so that I can ditch these useless shites. Only issue is, which Aussie provider next - there seems to be a good reason they want to lock you into a 24 month deal?

2. Throatwobbler Mangrove
      FAIL

i agree

I filed a complaint with the Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman because of poor coverage, dropped calls, missing messages, failing hardware, poor responsiveness to support calls and poor customer service by Vodafone. TIO is now going to investigate my complaint...because Vodafail didn't reply to the TIO and me in the required period.

Wankers.

3. Denarius

not only one

bigswamp was not much better. network speed other side of my router was so slow timeouts were standard service level dejour. Forget email. Servers were failing to respond. Ironically, Vodaphone remained working in the more isolated parts of east Oz I haunt in off hours. Must have been lucky in timing. If only satellite phone was a bit cheaper..

4. nevdelap

My Internet Service has been great, but their customer service - WORST EVER!

Why? Their terrible My Vodaphone website, and their idiotic "Contact Us" system insist on sending me an email immediately saying that my problem has been solved, and if it hasn't I should contact them via "Contact Us". On one issue recently I did this loop five times progressively showing my increasing annoyance with their service. I never got a response. I don't know if it is because their system meant none of my contacts ever got to a human, or if it is because they just don't give a damn. Calling I got what I needed sorted out, but only after a very long discussion about how the website gives terms and conditions that person answering my call didn't seem to agree with or had to ask someone else about. But since the actual internet service I get is the best for the price available I stick with them. I guess their poor performance in everything other than the actual internet service helps them keep the price down. But if another provider has a similar price/GB I will be jumping.

5. David Chambers
    Coat

Get your festivals right

And there was me thinking that Easter Sunday was about resurrection and not crucifixion.

Guess Reg writers were to busy playing with their dongles during R.E

6. D. M
    Flame

The problem is here no one is better

Where I live, vodafail is crap (I have too long to wait for current contract to end), but Optus is hardly better. I used to be with Optus, but the service is no better. That only leave Telstra which I swear I would never use their service, ever (Telstra is like BT in brit, but only 100s times worse).

Vodafail last explanation was they had too many new customers that their network was overloaded.

The biggest problem for mobile network, is they all over sell their 3G/4G capacity. You will never get the promised service they tried to sell you.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like