back to article Endeavour 'ready to go fly'

Space shuttle Endeavour is "ready to go fly" on its 25th and final mission, and will bow out with a last trip to the International Space Station. The Endeavour crew. Pic: NASA The veteran vehicle will blast off on at 19:47 GMT on 29 April from Kennedy Space Centre's Launch Pad 39A. On board will be commander Mark Kelly ( …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Evil Auditor Silver badge

Suicide mission?

I hope not.

> Bill Gerstenmaier, said: "We had a very extensive and thorough review today. I think the things that impressed me the most is that the team is still continuing to really work issues and look at the vehicle performance on each and every flight just like they would during any normal mission."

Or, last flight, no need to bring it back, innit?

1. Gene Cash Silver badge
      Unhappy

Unsaid...

"Despite all the layoffs, the people leaving for greener pastures, and the (probably) doomsday level of morale"

2. cloudberry

language

'All of that adds up to an awful lot of information. NASA explains the AMS will "collect data 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and 365 days a year".'

Is saying "collect data continuously" or "collect data all the time" insufficiently impressive?

3. vincent himpe

sad

40 years ago we went to the moon and invented microprocessors , 30 years ago we built shuttles and had personal computers, 20 years ago the internet boomed and we had cellphones

Today it's 2011 and all people to is twitter and post nonsens on facebook while staring at a tiny little screen. Imagine what we will be doing 50 years from now. Probably back in a cave somewhere scribling on the wall with charcoal

This topic is closed for new posts.