back to article Minotron: 2112 on iOS 4

A psychedelic 8-bit arena shooter featuring amorous ungulates and minotaurs in rainbow-coloured jumpers. The more you try to explain a Jeff Minter game, the more ridiculous it sounds. Llamasoft Minotron 2112 No need to dust down your Amiga or Atari thanks to the Minotaur Project For over 20 years, his company Llamasoft has …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Steve K
    Boffin

At least 30 years!

I remember playing GridRunner alsmost 30 years ago.....

2. EddieD

Jeff's still going?

Llamatron, Attack of the Mutant Camels and Trip-a-Tron (although the latter certainly suffered from a lack of sufficiently powerful hardware to give it a reall test...) - they ate up a large chunk of my life in the early 90s - thoroughly addictive, and it's awesome to see them back.

I'm still not getting an iThingy though....

1. Rovindi
      Unhappy

Jesus

attack of the mutant camels. That makes me fell well old.

3. RyokuMas
    Thumb Up

Excellent!

Good to see the YaK back on top form - I recall many hours lost to Llamatron on the Atari ST in my misspent youth.

Keep 'em coming, YaK - let's show the "men in suits"!

Love it. Because there's no other alternative...

4. Si 1

So that's how the controls work!

I loved the first Llamasoft iOS game but I couldn't get on with this one. Now I know how the two sticks work I will definitely give it another try...

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Space Giraffe

Love Jeff - both his iOS games are good fun. He's done a couple on the PC recently as well - Space Giraffe is awesome and much underrated - takes a while to wrap your brain around but when you do it is quite magical.

6. Tom 38
    Go

Yak 4 life

Too many wasted hours playing Revenge of the Mutant Camels.

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Control system causes problems for me

I loved Llamatron but I couldn't get on with Minotron - because the control system requires fingers all over the place on the screen, the fingers get in the way and stop you from seeing what's going on so you just end up dying all the time. But maybe I just haven't got the proper 'knack' or something, because it's got amazing reviews on the App Store.

8. Cunningly Linguistic
    Thumb Up

Revenge of the Mutant Camels

..for Android please.

9. Anonymous Coward
    Linux

Android version please

Arrrggghhh, a huge Jeff fan since I was 9 but where's the android version?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like