back to article China condemns high-tech outsourcing

The People's Republic of China will replace all its imported communications and broadcast satellites with Chinese-made ones by 2010, according to the chief of the country's National Space Administration. AFP reports that Sun Laiyan - PRC space chief - laid out the strategy in the government-controlled Beijing News. It seems …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Mike Powers

Working hard on stealing, maybe

"The technological issues of the next generation of carrier rockets have basically been solved," said Zhang Yanhe of the Commission of Science Technology and Industry for National Defence."

Yeah; technological issues like "how do we get our people past the background check" and "what's the best way to smuggle plans out of the lab" and "how much do we need to pay Clinton to smooth over the difficulties".

2. Anonymous Coward
    Unhappy

Lacking ambition.

"...satisfy China's demands...for the next 30 to 50 years".

So much for progressing beyond chuffing great fireworks in my lifetime then.

3. Henry

Handout Heaven

China receives billions of dollars in foreign aid from the west. Billions more in Carbon credits for Kyoto. It has TRILLIONS on dollars in foreign currency reserves. Here's a plan: stop killing your citizens with lousy environmental policies while trying to show yourself off to the world as a superpower potentiate.

4. b shubin
    Pirate

The "or else" is silent

so the problems with the next-gen carrier rockets have been solved, for the peaceful exploration of space.

it may be possible that their new rocket technology will find other uses...

the Chinese are inscrutable as ever, but lately, their straight-faced pronouncements sound sardonic to me. perhaps it's their warm-fuzzy history, or their gentle ways of dealing with their enemies.

any odds on who will complete an orbital-bombardment platform first? truly, we live in interesting times.

5. TEQ

@ b Shubin

Don't have a problem with living in interesting times - it's dying in them that I'm not so enthusiastic about....

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I'll tell you what...

...if I were Chinese, I'd be pissed if all I could find in stores was that cheap American crap.

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

they have also learned from the west.

That human are "resources" to be spent like coal or softwood lumber.

8. Eduard Coli
    Stop

Funny that

China steals tech when it wants too and then used multinationals with manufacturing in it's borders to lobby their governments so that China can steal some more.

The US is still giving aid to China because China is still listed as a a developing nation.

9. Mark Simon

Peaceful use?

".. satisfy China's demands for technological development and the peaceful use of space for the next 30 to 50 years"

Let's see if I got that right. The peaceful use of space for the next 30 to 50 years. After that, perhaps, we can expect what sort of use?

This topic is closed for new posts.