back to article Oracle tests find NFC lags in execution

Oracle has been looking at NFC, and decided that the technology needs to be a good deal faster if it is going to have any hope of going mainstream. In Oracle's tests it took two seconds to open and read the three files required by their proposed application. That time could be reduced by combining the data into a single file, …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Robert E A Harvey

never fast enough

It will never be fast enough to persuade me to trust it. Far too far left field.

2. Chris 3
    WTF?

And NFC is what, precisely?

It's not a well enough know initialism to go un-spelled-out in the opening sentence.

1. Kay Burley ate my hamster
      Coffee/keyboard

Near Field Communication

El Reg has been banging on about it for quite some time. Also searching for it on this new fangled WWW (World Wide Web) can help you. Basically quit the moaning, you know this is a tech site. Blimey!

2. Tom Maddox Silver badge
      FAIL

Let's see ...

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=nfc&l=1

3. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

enhanced security?

I don't know what 'enhanced security' they are talking about and what the example of the London Underground system has to do with it because that system is ridiculously easy to crack with extremely cheap hardware.

4. Mage Silver badge

Why?

Why store anything other than part of a key?

The user having the rest ...

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

'Cos they want to make things like "credit coins" from Star Wars?

You know, the things that are *always* being stolen from people in the books.

Banks don't care about security anymore - Barclaycard have already decided that merely having their new cards is fine to authorise transactions, and made a big deal of someone using that without the shopkeeper even looking at them in several adverts.

5. petrosy
    Thumb Up

MYKI

In Melbourne the new rail card system can take upto 5sec to scan.... when it works and has already costed us $1.5b

This system sounds awesome compared to the pile of sh1te we have

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

you should check out this guy's site, he's on the PTUA

formerly known for the TCWF, he's now a professional commuter, and from what I've read, a serious guy. He's at danielbowen.com

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like