back to article Hertz offers Londoners e-cars for hire

Hertz is to give the chance to hoon around London Town in an e-car for just four quid an hour. The catch: you have to join the rental company's Connect by Hertz pay-as-you-go club. Membership cost £50 a year even if you never drive one of the firm's cars. Hertz Connect iMiEV Eye-MiEV Sign up, though, and you can now hire …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. IR

4 quid an hour in London?

So about 5 quid per mile then?

2. John Smith 19 Gold badge
    Go

Obvious choice if you're only driving round London given the congestion charge

However they'd have done better if they offered a swap service so that (if you're going on a long drive) you could swap to a regular car and not worry about running out of petrol.

It's a start.

But *only* just.

3. Andus McCoatover

Think this beats it...

http://www.erenta.fi/en-home*

'Course, if you don't mind driving in a car that advertises "I've got a Big Whopper (jr) with frenchies on the side".

Still, no publicity is - well, no publicity.

*Yep, I'm offering to revamp that website. Children should be allowed to drink beer, fight for their country, but never allowed to use Javascript, much less American English (as if there were such an animal)

4. Nigel Whitfield.

Congestion charge not much of an issue

Both Hertz Connect and Streetcar (which I use, and has many more cars in London than Hertz) pay the congestion charge for you, on all your bookings anyway. So, choosing one of these electric ones won't make any difference at all.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Alert

Refuelling charges?

If you're supposed to "return it with a full tank" do you have to pay for the time spent at the charging post?

This topic is closed for new posts.