back to article Adobe speeds Creative Suite releases to catch tablets

Adobe Software is accelerating the delivery of new versions of its popular Creative Suite, hoping to keep up with the ever-changing mobile computing market. The company will introduce a mid-cycle update to the Creative Suite family that will ship every 12 months. Mid-cycle releases will let Adobe bring new features to its …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Grenade

Great to see!

Fantastic!

A 6-month turnaround for extra bloat, bugs and security holes.

Now Adobe can r007 your machine twice as much per year, while using 4 times the disk space!

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Few alternatives

If I want to create an app for iOS, Android, Win7 mobile etc. where else can I code once and deploy on all the smart phone / tablet platforms seamlessly ?

Adobe may be ahead of the curve...

1. Mike G
      Jobs Horns

There are a few

But none that cover all platforms consistently. Phonegap, rhomobile, appcelerator titanium, openplug, ansca corona..

3. John Smith 23
    Alien

hmmmmmm.....

seems hard to believe Adobe with a reasonable pricing subscription model ???

does not compute

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

It won't be *that* reasonable...

For a start they'll apply the statutory Adobe 'not in the US' tax and forget that $1 != £1. They're off on the cost of the monthly licenses too, I don't mind paying a bit more for the convenience of leasing on a per month basis, 30%+ extra pcm takes the piss a bit. Still steps in the right direction I guess. It's worked well for Autodesk.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like