back to article SCO trading suspended in US

The US Securities and Exchange Commission has temporarily halted trading in SCO shares. The software company, which filed for bankruptcy in September 2007, has been hampered by legal costs and falling sales, after a US judge ruled that Novell, not SCO, was the owner of the Unix and UnixWare copyrights. SCO was further …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Tony Green
    Linux

Can I just say...

.. HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Who trades in SCO shares?

Other than desperate attempts to unload SCO shares by the terminally witless who hoped for a different outcome to the years of litigation, who would trade in, or even admit to having, shares in SCO?

1. BristolBachelor Gold badge
      Black Helicopters

Microsoft ?

They have loads of money and can afford to spend some in the minor hope that Linux suffers at least something. After all, FUD seems to be a good marketing campaign.

But then again, the SCO thing has been having death throes for so long maybe it doesn't even generate FUD anymore. The only uncertainty is when the rigamortis will set in.

2. lIsRT

abc and/or 123

I think there are people who have bought SCO shares just for the hell of it - buy one, frame certificate, put on wall.

The fees would probably be several (hundred?) times the cost of the actual share though.

3. lurker
    Happy

shame... not

As a linux user, I am enjoying this opportunity to bathe metaphorically in the pool of their sweet, sweet tears.

Sad really, I remember when the Santa Cruz Operation were a legitimate company that actually did useful stuff with UNIX and computers, rather than merely a bunch of laughable patent trolls. It's a shame that the 'SCO Group' who bought the trademark have managed to irreparably tarnish the name.

4. John Smith 19 Gold badge
    WTF?

or more precisely

HTF are these shares still traded.

whose buying them. Is it a group trying to ramp them up so they can dump them again?

"Hampered by falling sales"

Of what?

This microsoft funded open source killing FUD machine should finally be put down.

Anyone with a spare $1k fancy trying to help short them into oblivion?

1. Tom 13

If I had that kind of money,

I would have tried to buy out the company long ago and turn whatever IP it might or might not have over to a legal defense fund for Open Source software. As long as it or any of its assets are still kicking around somewhere it's still a zombie waiting to attack again.

5. Tasogare

Title

Ding, dong, the witch is (almost, still) dead?

6. zenkaon

SCO is a zombie company.....

They will never die, never stop going for the unix brains they want to eat and think they own.

7. Sureo
    Grenade

Valueless

SCO stock has been trading between 2 and 10 cents recently, with the last close at 3 cents. It makes penny mining stocks look like solid investments.

8. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

"has been hampered by legal costs and falling sales"

That's a funny way to put it.

Isn't it true that they decided to make law suits, rather than selling anything, their business model?

And... Is it pronounced "Unctuous?"

9. Guido Esperanto

kill it....

kill it with fire...

for deity's sake, if it was a horse it'd be shot by now.

10. kain preacher

it's the year 2020 and duke nukem forever has just come out and SCO is dead finally well sort of . Um no. The next duke nukem video game will be him trying to kill SCO, or is that more in line with resident evil ?

11. Michael H.F. Wilkinson Silver badge

What software business do they have to sell?

I did not know they sold anything that was fully theirs to sell.

12. Tim Roberts 1

perhaps....

Is this a reminder of how forked software patents are? Really, the number of "businesses" in the US that trade on nothing that they themselves have produced should be a sign. Please please please do not adopt this patent crap anywhere else. Leave it in "the land of the free" where it effing well belongs - that is " the land of the free to patent shit and sue someone else for sniffing it"

No, do not RIP, RI no P .....and good riddance SCO.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like