back to article Oracle and life after Larry Ellison

The disruptor of disruptors, Oracle boss Larry Ellison, will be 67 on August 17 this year. So when will he retire? He will be 70 on August 17, 2014. We hear that the R-word is being mentioned by him to close friends, but we hear this from someone, who knows someone, who knows …. so it's veracity is as certain as Sarah Palin …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. thecakeis(not)alie

Larry Ellison

*hiss*

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Nooooooooo!

"We hear that the R-word is being mentioned by him ... so it's veracity is as certain as Sarah Palin running for president."

For the love of all humanity, Larry must not be allowed to retire at any cost.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Go

33rd America's Cup: Win!; 34th America's Cup: Win!

Did you see that trimaran? Go Larry go!

Oh, does he do computer stuff?

4. M H
    Pint

well.. my choice would be...

Well, sometimes I think a successor should have a slightly different perspective... how about GNU/FSF's Richard Stallman taking on the job???? :-) wouldn't it be fun to see Oracle's DB (and other software) open sourced under GPL and watch every corporation in the world which uses them have to open source code for their internal & external apps... ;-)

I'm not really an "open-sourcer" and nor do I have particularly strong capitalist leanings... but it would be fun to watch, right? :)

5. The Morgan Doctrine

Oracle without LJE wouldn't be Oracle

IMHO, Oracle is Larry and Larry is Oracle.

1. chr0m4t1c

Yeah, but

Is that a good thing or a bad thing?

6. Miss Lincolnshire
    Dead Vulture

Larry is God amongst men

They should follow the Pharoahs lead and ensure that Hurd is buried with him when he goes.

Preferably still alive.

7. mike panero

I thought he was dead

I thought he was dead already

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Not dead.. Yet

Given his health issues it's only a matter of time.

8. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Liesure suit larry

interesting url I found on the web.....and what does HP really think about Oracle?

www.sunsucks.com

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like