back to article Nintendo trades blows with The Sun over 3DS returns

This morning saw Nintendo 3DS complaints reach a new low, after The Sun ran a story on the headaches and dizziness associated with the device. Nintendo has already hit back, calling the report "incorrect". The tabloid said "thousands" of users have suffered after using the 3DS and as a result, many retailers are offering …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. hplasm
    Megaphone

The sun should come in a 3D edition

To better contain the amount of sh1t it contains.

1. Annihilator

Simpsons did it

The Sun have done a number of "3D specials" over the years, I remember seeing a page 3 girl in 3D when i were a lad, probably around 1990. They gave away the red/green glasses with the paper.

Think they did it alongside the Channel 4 3D special a year or so ago too.

2. Anomalous Cowturd
      Boffin

It does. It has thickness...

In itself, and its readership.

Strangely, their slightly chubby reporter's blood pressure and heart rate went up when he was walking about, as opposed to when he was sitting down resting...

Quelle surprise!

2. Anonymous Coward
    Flame

It hurts my eyes!!!!!

Help meeee. My eyes are burrrrrning.....BUUUUUUURRRRRRNING!!!!!!!!!The PAAAAIIIINNNN!!!!!

Is what I would say if I was a simple-tard who has no concept of what I was buying into in order to curry favour with spouses, siblings or offspring.

I hate people, bunches of whinging nobs that they are. I bet they all wear elizabeth duke too.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Boffin

I bet they all wear elizabeth duke too.

So poor people aren't allowed to complain about form over function. i guess if you can't afford to shop at Donald & H they deserve everything they get.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

No, they can't!

Complaining about something that isn't broken because you have an "inner ear imbalance" is something that Daily Mail readers normally do, and now the Sun "readers" are doing it too.

"ere you are Wayne, more plasters for yer knuckles...."

Brighthouse have a lot to answer for!

2. The Fuzzy Wotnot
      Pint

Nice!

Ha ha! Look at those people, they haven't got much money, let's laugh at them from our ivory towers! Just because you don't have much money or many possessions you're not allowed to complain about something? OK.

Please note if you study the whole fiasco it looks like another case of The Sun stirring up trouble on a slow news day, not a bunch of "whinging nobs". Another iPhone/HTC type story, 6 gazillion units of X sold and dozen returns due to a small fault or product simply not wanted!

3. Anonymous Coward
    Boffin

The Stun?

Being wrong about a story? Shurely shome mishtake!

4. Jelliphiish
    Dead Vulture

canibalism

you're reporting what The Shun says now? oh dear...

KPI not met.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

When I was a kid

I was told that staring at the Sun was bad for your eyes, not a 3DS.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Indeed

You should never look directly at The Sun. I find a sort of shifty sideways glance at Page 3 is more than enough.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Knowing their usual levels of scrutiny.

Someone probably googled 'nintendo headache' and didn't even notice most of the articles pointed to the ill-fated virtual boy.

7. SG76

That rag

Start with the assumption The Sun are liars, and go from there.

8. Tom 7

headaches and dizziness associated with the device

does that mean my pub will offer a trade in on beer that causes the same problems?

9. Imorital
    IT Angle

You've all got it wrong

Surely the highlight of the Scum (in these internet enabled times) is Dear Deidre?

It's like Jeremy Kyle in print.

If I want to see a pair of jubbs I'll turn on my internet connection.

10. Ben 54
    WTF?

Surely this is a mistake

Since when does the Sun publish news?

11. Spotfist

The title is required, and must contain letters and/or fingers.

It makes me a bit sick to think in some way I may be defending the Sun but they did mention Nintendo's response in their article, I would personally like to see some numbers as a statement from Game saying "We havent refunded any 3DS's" makes me wonder if what they meant to say was "if you want a refund, JOG ON!"

I can't believe the 3DS is that bad, these people are probably the same that said Doom made them sick as it was too real!?!?! lol

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like