back to article LG cries foul over rival's rank language

Electronics giant LG may sue Samsung for allegedly using profane language in a heated debate over 3D TV technology. Both Korean companies claim to be better than the other and have been bickering over the matter all year - if not for longer. As the world's biggest telly makers rugged competitiveness is to be expected. However …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    WTF?

Bickering

I wonder what Sony thinks of these rude adolescent rivals...

1. TeeCee Gold badge
      Coat

Re: Bickering

A spokesman for Sony said: "Who gives a flying fuck what those useless bastards say anyway?"

1. DRendar
        Coffee/keyboard

New keyboard please!

New keyboard please!

2. gaijintendo
    Thumb Up

I love idiottoys

Excellent holding.

3. Highlander

Is the same American running Tesla running LG?

This is straight out of the US corporate playbook, if at first you have a dispute, litigate, litigate, litigate...

LG's not satisfied with pissing off Sony, now they have decided to piss off Samsung. I'm not sure pissing off either of the big S corporations is a good idea, but Samsung is in their own backyard, and it seems rather pointless to get embroiled in yet another pointless court exercise. Silly LG.

1. MJI Silver badge

Sony and Samsung

Don't they share an LCD panel factory?

1. Highlander

Quite possibly, I'm not sure. But either way...

LG is like that annoying young upstart who thinks that now they are of age they can run around shouting at everyone because it's the 'grown up' thing to do. Personally, I think LG has a case of "too big for their boots" and a correction for them is incoming.

4. frank ly

Profane Language

Is it a cultural/legal thing in Korea, the use of profane language? Or, are they suing Samsung for making a statement that cast doubt on the intelligence and capability of a defined group of people thus possibly leading to a loss of esteem in the eyes of the money spending public?

Are there any Korean lawyers who could advise?

5. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

Class....

"Perhaps it's time that both of them stopped making TVs and joined forces to manufacture handbags."

Utter class......

6. Liam Shepherd
    Thumb Up

Shit slinging

It's a nice change from the patent wars

7. Tom 38
    Heart

I <3 Koreans

They are so full on in everything they do, it's fucking brilliant.

LG aren't some upstart, maybe in this sector. I remember my first Lucky Goldstar printer in the 80s, was a magic 24 pin dot matrix, for the price of every other manufacturers 9 pin dot matrix printers.

1. TeeCee Gold badge
      Grenade

@Tom 38

Did it work?

As I recall at the time, the only reason I could figure for Goldstar products was to make the Amstrad and Binatone equivalents look good.....

8. Simon B
    Thumb Up

Enjoy :)

Sits back and enjoys the show

9. ZimboKraut
    Flame

preferences

Personally I prefer Samsung monitors, and TVs, but that is not to say that LG is bad.

I have just had very good expereince with Samsung so far.

But I sure do hope, that this idiot who made the statement will get /was fired instantly!!!!

It is one thing is making comparisons, but another is attacking individuals! And using this sort of language and attackoing individuals cannot and should not be tollerated.

Outbursts like this could tempt me to in future rather look at LG.

As I said, so far I have often looked at Samsung because the devices that I have are good, but if someone does get so arrogant, than I tend to move away. That is the exact reason why I neither buy nor support nor recommend apple or their products!!! They are just way too arrogant and full of it!!!

All the best from Finland!!! (Neither am I finnish, nor did I want to hint, that Nokia is better!!!)

10. Captain Scarlet
    Thumb Up

Handbags

Loved the comment below, maybe they should project 3D handbags from both tv's to simulate the fight with handbags.

I don't like the use of foul language, it makes both companies look childish

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like