back to article Ten... tech treats for mum

Yes, Sunday, 3 April is Mother's Day, a celebration of matters maternal that stretches back to pre-Christian Roman times, but one no son - or partner whose significant other has offspring - dare ignore. So, with a day or so to go, here is Reg Hardware selection of ten tech its the mother(s) in your life - will be pleased to …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. LaeMing
    Thumb Up

Thats

a pretty nice selection.

2. DB2k
    FAIL

bit late?

Well done - you've listed a load of things that would need to be bought online, 2 days before Mother's Day - making half the article redundant.

1. Dan Likes Spoons
      WTF?

Remember me on this computer?

... with the other half being made redundant by the three figure price tags.

3. DT

Reminds me of when...

Homer Simpson bought Marge a bowling ball as a present

(engraved with his name and with finger holes to fit).

Given the longevity of toasters (and of electronic parts like capacitors when heated)... the toaster radio has to be the silliest idea I've seen this week.

Just how minted do you think the average reader is to be dropping that kind of cash on a holiday invented by greetings card manufacturers?

1. stucs201

Eh, is the toaster actually real then?

I honestly thought that was el-reg's april fool joke.

4. Stephen 2
    FAIL

give up

Give up El reg'. Most of those suggestions absolutely sucked.

I recommend anyone looking for ideas to just check out Firebox or similar.

1. serviceWithASmile
      Thumb Down

firebox?

you mean that site that the toaster and very intelligent pocket are linked from?

if the selection sucks then telling us to go to the site half of them came from hardly helps, does it?

5. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

Ummm

On the photo of the VIP, I'm 99% sure that's not lipstick...

Paris because... well...

6. No_Thank_You
    Alert

Lost Business Slanket

Slanket offer on the website says free delivery, went through the ordering process and it adds over £3 to the amount. No contact number on the website, you have to leave your details for them to contact you! No longer ordering

1. Ian Yates

Slankets

Let's face it, though, a slanket is just a backwards dressing gown.

7. Lamont Cranston

Re: Very Intelligent Pocket

Are bum-bags back in fashion, then?

Also, you're about two weeks late with this article, as usual.

8. Youngdog
    Coffee/keyboard

Thank you El Reg...

..for reminding me it's Mother's Day on Sunday. You have well and truly saved my bacon. If anyone else out there is as hopeless as me then I am pleased to tell you InterFlora.co.uk are taking orders for Mother's Day delivery up until Saturday night.

Once you have your order confirmed feel very ashamed that you were too busy reading about technology to remember your dear old Mum. And don't forget to call her!

1. Tony Smith, Editor, Reg Hardware (Written by Reg staff)

Re: Thank you El Reg...

You're very welcome. We see this more as a reminder than specific things to buy. Reg readers are more than capable of finding fast ways to get kit to Ma in time.

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Interflora - good luck!

I hope, for your mums sake, that Interflora have vastly improved their service from a few years ago when I worked in the call center.

For 2 days after Valentines Day and 3 after Mothers Day we had nothing but complaints. Mostly it was that the flowers delivered were of very low quality / half dead or they were not delivered at all.

If you are in the nottingham area, I would recommend http://nottinghamcityflorist.co.uk . I've had good results from them, even at busy times of the year.

9. Anonymous Cowherder
    Heart

@Tony Smith

Yes, all of us reg readers are very capable of getting our kit to your Ma in time!

10. IR
    Happy

Scales, fitness game, great idea

Buy your mum several gifts that imply she is fat, I'm sure she'll thank you for it!

11. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Down

Mothers Day

Isn't it Mothering Sunday over here? Perhaps I'm too old.

12. Kirbini
    Stop

A little clarification please?

"Yes, Sunday, 3 April is Mother's Day _here_in_the_UK_".

Please remember that you have a very international audience when posting these articles. Just clarifying that one sentence would have saved me a small heart palpitation seeing as the five-0 won't let me out of the house for another week or so.

For those of us in the US, Mother's Day is not until May 8. For those of you not in the UK or US, I have no idea when you may have Mother's day, if you have a Mother's Day or if you even have a mother for that matter.

1. Robert E A Harvey

if you even have a mother for that matter.

Didn't one of Pterry's villains say "I 'ad a muvver once. I fink I et her"?

13. joe 4
    FAIL

you BASTARDS!!

so i'm out in the aussie bush, then see this story, 4,000km from home, and i paid $80 each for some flower deliveries to my partner and mother, only to discover that mother's day in Australia is May 8th....a full 5 weeks away!!

now i gotta pay for it all again in a few weeks /facepalm

This topic is closed for new posts.