back to article Adobe Photoshop Express 2.0

Having taken the plunge into iPhone photography with the Slow Shutter Cam app, I decided my next step should be Adobe's Photoshop Express, which has just been updated to version 2.0. Adobe Photoshop Express Adobe Photoshop Express: the UI's as straightforward is it could be Photoshop Express is by no means the most …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Happy

It's great little app for getting some ideas

I do use it's big bother on a desktop and it's great app for testing ideas. Load up your shots to your your iPod touch and play with them on the train to work, then do it properly on the full version when you get home. I don't have an iPhone, but I can imagine you could take some snaps while out on location, shove them through this and get some idea if what's in your mind has any chance of working when you put your SLR shots through the full product.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Well, it's by a big name, so it's got to be the best, right?

Personally, I would have gone for Camera+ - not free, but at 59p, it's hardly going to break the bank.

This allows users to take photos, edit them and them share them. I won’t go through the list of the camera functionality, but features like exposure control, stabilizer and a grid for lining up shots is very handy… plus a self-timer, which Adobe is charging extra for. I haven’t used this latest version of PS Express, but with the last one, Camera+ won hands down in terms of taking pictures.

In terms of editing, Camera+ allows you to crop, rotate, straighten, plus apply a very decent number of effects and filters (much more than here). Normally, the end result is good and there’s no need to fiddle around with contrast, saturation etc. However, if I’ve found that there was a need to, then the best tool is Mill Colour – free and seriously good stuff… now things might have changed in this version of PS Express, but the previous one as a tool was substantially inferior to MC.

Although not free (but very cheap), Photogene and Photoforge have always been considered to offer rather more functionality as a photo editor than PS Express and it might be interesting to compare these apps sometime.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Generally agree

I also make extensive use of Iris Photo Suite for comprehensive general editing plus effects, textures, layers, etc. It's a fantastic app. I use Photoshop Express occasionally but it's not all that great in comparison to these other options.

3. Scott Mckenzie

Great...

...to see a clanger!!

1. Luther Blissett

Likewise, it's great...

... to hear Scott Mckenzie (again).

2. Juillen 1

I've..

Got a whole bucket of clangers (literally) dolling up the place.. A happy blast from the childhood.. And great to see 'em out and about!

4. The Original Ash
    Thumb Up

Also available...

... for Android.

5. Matt 75

wonder if this app was built with Flash CS5?

be interesting to know if they built this using Flash CS6 & the iPhone packager or Objective-C!

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

re: wonder

Unless Adobe thought it would be better to scrap the previous version completely and write this one from scratch, I suspect Objective-C.

6. Albert Hall

You didn't get the memo?

Please revert to the current meme... the fondlePad is a toy for content consumption. It is not a tool for content creation at an level or for anything real-world serious. I mean, no Excel?

Right. Carry on.

1. Tony Smith, Editor, Reg Hardware (Written by Reg staff)

Re: You didn't get the memo?

>I mean, no Excel.

What, too good for Numbers are you?

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

re: You didn't get the memo?

Neither did Damon Albarn - http://www.metro.co.uk/music/847051-damon-albarn-to-release-ipad-gorillaz-album-before-christmas

7. Anonymous Coward
    Stop

What's with the toilet paper?

I see a blue symbol that looks like a roll of toilet paper.

What's it for? I would think 80% is a good score innit?

8. Spanners Silver badge
    Thumb Up

Been using it on Android for a couple of months

Has it only just arrived for the iSuperShinyPhone then? Or this a review of an existing application?

I find the fact that it integrates with the website a plus. I now even have a Chrome 'App' for it.

It allows multiple phones to use one account and manual uploads from digital cameras. It has a feature that I regard as a phone security plus. Automatic upload of pictures as they are taken. This could also be handy if some passing police officer decides to ignore the law and makes you delete a picture that shows them doing something bad...

9. Richard Joseph
    Headmaster

When you mentioned 'Clangers'...

....I thought you were talking about the 'PhotoSOP' link on the home page. I've taken the liberty of taking a screenshot, for posterity:

http://tinypic.com/r/11lmyz4/7

:-O

;-)

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like