back to article Mourinho will be next England manager

Bookies can forget running books on who's going to become the next football manager of England, following the FA's decision to axe Steve McClaren this morning after the side failed to reach next year's European Championship. Former Chelsea manager José "Special One" Mourinho will be England manager next week, Wikipedia …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Andy Worth

No doubt

Well I don't like Mourinho, but there's no doubt that he's a decent manager and lets face it, anyone after Mac is going to look good. Unlikely it'll happen though which is a shame.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Jobs Horns

get in touch with barwick

recommend getting in touch with brian barwick to put yourself forward...

firstname.surname at thefa (dot) com

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

big wow

wikipedia in erroneous/humorous posting shocker.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Flame

FAcking about.

From the Beeb article

"... "Of course we have no divine right to play in major tournaments..."

Nope, that's why you actually have to play decent basic football...

"..., but it is quite right that qualification is expected...."

because the underperformers in the whole setup are paid obscene amounts of money to be *good* at their job.

"...not qualifying for Euro 2008 comes up short,...[snip]...McClaren, 46, who had a four-year deal, is expected to be paid more than £2m in compensation..."

So wish I could have a job contract that let me fuck about and fail for 2 years and then get a couple of years' pay as compensation for being sacked for underperformance. What the fuck are the FA doing apart from providing jobs for the boys.

"...failure to reach a major tournament for the first time since the 1994 World Cup finals will cost the FA at least £5m in lost revenues..."

And a further £2mill in "compensation".

5. Spleen

£7m? That all?

Peanuts compared to what the pub trade has lost, not to mention replica shirt makers/sellers etc.

6. Marco

Quite frankly

England needs Klinsmann.

7. Silvergunner
    Alert

Changed Predictions...

Quote: WIkipedia

José Mário dos Santos Félix Mourinho, GOIH (pron. IPA /ʒu'zɛ mo'ɾiɲu/) (born 26 January 1963 in Setúbal), is a Portuguese football manager.

Mourinho, being the chosen one, is set to manage the Republic of Ireland, Northern Ireland, Scotland, Wales and England simultaneously. Critics believe that Mourinho should rise to the challenge and could possibly take on additional management roles. Other management opportunities include the HMRC and US President.

Mourinho won four consecutive league titles (two at Porto and two at Chelsea) and also the UEFA Champions League and the UEFA Cup with Porto. For two consecutive years (2004 and 2005), Mourinho was named the world's best football coach by the International Federation of Football History and Statistics (IFFHS). He has at times been a controversial figure.

8. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Not going to happen...

'cos he wants to manage Manchester United when Fergie retires. Fergie wants him to as well.

9. Bill Fresher

I'd be rubbish

I'm waiting in anticipation for a couple of million quid to not be the England manager as I'd be rubbish at the job.

10. Tim Lane

I could do a better job.

I know FA about football, I can't stand the game but I came up with one single change that would improve Englands game immesurably. I would change the players contracts so that if they do not win the game they don't get payed.

That would give them something to play for.

11. Pierre
    Dead Vulture

Come on, Yahoo AND Google toolbars?

You must be kidding?

This topic is closed for new posts.