back to article Oracle pitches process over programming

Globalization is inevitable, companies are increasingly lean (and green), Web 2.0 social software has created conflicting generational user expectations, and everyone is howling for applications that can reach customers in ways they never have before. That's Oracle's assessment of the trends that will shape the way we build …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Every CIO says it, must be a fact

IT is a bottleneck? You've got to be kidding me. I find it hard to conceive of a company currently using IT that would function more effectively without it. Some people, particularly CIOs IMO, have outrageously extravagant expectations and no appreciation of what IT does for them and their companies.

IT is, and has always been, a massive facilitator of business, without which most businesses (certainly those above a certain size) would not survive for more than a couple of days.

If upper management expectations of buidling contractors were anything like their expectations of IT people, they'd expect a new building to be up in a couple of days despite a few requests to change the number of floors etc. halfway through.

2. Mike Stephens

Do you get this feeling?

Normally your brain is running an trillions of flops, amazingly decoding mulitple streams in a complex and ever-changing environment, and you don't feel a thing. However every now and again you hit a sentence like this:

"Web 2.0 social software has created conflicting generational user expectations"

There's almost a pain in your head as the logic simply fails to provide any traction and your brain cells spin desperately.

The people who write this nonsense are clever. They know what they're doing. I think we should form a vigilante gang - like the people who blow up speed cameras - and take out PR departments from Oracle etc into the car park...... and give them a good kicking...

3. amanfromMars Silver badge
    Mars

Heap Good Medicine

A Simple case of Put up or Shut up Shop, Mike.

In a Virtualised Environment, if you cannot Deliver Dreams, you are an Impostor with Money which fortunately always make Delivery a lot more than just A.N.Other Chore to Store for Future Memory. ...for IT Enhances Delivery Circuits.

Is Artificial Intelligence Sexually Promiscuous and Further IntelAIgently Designed 42B User Friendly.

Is anyone Researching the SeXXXXual Appetite of Advanced IntelAIgents or is that for Clandestine Applied Facilities..... BetaTest Beds.

How very Wise.:-)

4. Anonymous Coward
    Mars

@amanfromMars

Okay, I know this is feeding the trolls, but has amanfromMars suddenly entered puberty on that last one. It's never wandered off in that direction before.

This topic is closed for new posts.