back to article Surprise! Sprint denounces AT&T-Mobile deal

In a move that will surprise absolutely no one, Sprint Nextel has officially announced its opposition to AT&T's proposed purchase of T-Mobile. "Sprint urges the United States government to block this anti-competitive acquisition," the company's senior vice president for Governmental Affairs Vonya McCann said in a canned …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Arctic fox
    Flame

If they let this one through........

.........then the attitude of the competition authorities in the US can only be described as the same joke in poor taste as that of the equivalent in the UK. This should be a no-brainer, so much so that it should have been the case that AT&T wouldn't even have attempted this merger let alone had serious hopes of getting it approved. Given the increasing importance of mobile communication and data transfer in the lives of the vast majority of ordinary Americans it is a disgrace that it is even possible that this could be accepted.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

It wants the precious.

http://i.imgur.com/eCkyv.jpg

1. Anonymous Coward
      Joke

What about the T-Mobile Girl?

But what about the sad "I'm a mac" rip-off ads from T-mobile? Will the too-perky T-mobile girl be forced to pleasure the creepy old AT&T guy? Will the iPhone guy have to watch?

3. dssf

Wanna kvetch, Sprint?

Go ahead. Maybe people will defect from sprint just over your blocking of USB tethering...

4. dssf

Griping about control? Stop CONTROLLING US, Sprint!

I have the Sprint HTC EVO 4G, still running on Android 2.2 I attempted to update JUST Saturday (26 March, or maybe Sunday the 27th), and no updates are available. I've had the fsking phone (pretty nice, actually) since January, and it's been out since April or so of 2010. IN WANT THE FSCKING UPDATE NOW! Stop kvetching about AT&T/T-Mobile, Sprint!

Improve the battery life, let me USB tether! Allow us to remove crap and rom-coded branding such as nascar, blockbuster, nova, and football. Jeez! Give us a firewall or packet logger to block market apps that google allows to read our files! There's no need to for you to waste money battling ATTTM when you can spend that money enriching our user experience. Don't leave it ALL up to google. And, stop offsetting your subsidy of the phone by coerced landing/branding irons in our faces.

5. Dillamores

Not good for MVNO either

Peoples seem to think that it's only tmob's clients, ATT's that will be effected. MVNo's like tracfone, who've been getting a beter deal from Tmob, will now have to sit at the bargaining table with even less cards in their hands. This means one of two things for my net10 deal; the next upgrade I get will more than likely be a CDMA based phone, and plan, and the plans are certainly not going to be any cheaper.

Then again I might be wrong (and I hope so), seeing that tracfone almost floated ATT's figures in the last quarter, which they might do again, in which case, AT&T might rest most of tracfone's subscribers away seeing that they can now afford the increase of BW usage.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like