back to article PARIS pops up in Ripley's Believe It or Not!

We're very much obliged to reader Mike Grant for letting us know that our magnificent Paper Aircraft Released Into Space (PARIS) project was honoured earlier this week in Ripley's Believe It or Not! Nice graphic, we're sure you'll agree, and here's the orginal snap of our historic launch back in October... The balloon and …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Thomas 4
    Happy

Rekindled enthusiasm

Is this the first rumblings of the Low Orbit High Altitude Navigator (LOHAN) taking shape?

2. Peter Simpson 1
    Pint

Well, it's not the Rolling Stone

But good on ya all the same!

Calls for a long lunch down the pub, doesn't it?

3. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

Let me try...

Sail Plane for Extended Aerial Recovery System - SPEARS.

That would be the recovery vehicle (in the shape of a hang-glider of sorts) for PARIS and LOHAN rescue.

4. Michael H.F. Wilkinson Silver badge

Excllent!!

Should PARIS not be honoured with an Ig-Nobel prize for engineering? I will check out if it is possible under Ig-Nobel rize rules

1. Lester Haines (Written by Reg staff) Gold badge

Re: Excllent!!

What a fantastic idea - keep us posted.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

Top Gear next...

A brilliant effort and adventure. Now, can you launch and successfully land a Robin Reliant? That I WOULD like to see...

:)

1. Steve the Cynic

Nah

Nah, it should be a 1960 Corvette...

(Film reference, hopefully less obscure than I fear.)

1. multipharious

@Steve - Taking a Ride

(to keep esoteric and not reveal the movie)

6. DZ-Jay

Bravo!

¡Enhorabuena, chicos!

Now that you have achieved the Fame part, you need to work on the Fortunes bit.

Cheers!

-dZ.

7. bill 36
    Happy

i still think

The cocktail should have been called Knickerdropper Glory. Best laugh in years!

8. Cliff

Congratulations!

This project has everything British geeks hold dear in one single package - boffinry, home-madeness, and terrible puns about unobtainable girls. I am thrilled to hear your gusto for the next round has been renewed, remember you are doing this for all of us and we thank you!

9. bill 36
    Go

i've got an idea for you

Why not build a rocket next time, with a little wind turbine attached to the back of it and an eco warriors leg tied to it.

Then we could work out if its possible to recharge an iphone by the time it hits the stratosphere and lands back on earth.

10. SteveD

The Height of fame

The height of fame for me, better than making the news.

If you are planning another high altitude project, I still have the balloon tracker should you want it

11. Subtilior

Weaponize it

Obviously the next step is to improve its military capabilities so as to be able to take out competing technology news websites.

This topic is closed for new posts.