back to article Fake Japan blackout alerts cloak Flash malware

Scumbags are taking advantage of the desperate situation in Japan by distributing malware that poses as information about a rolling electricity blackout programme. Malicious emails contain infected Excel attachments hosting a Flash exploit ultimately designed to drop a malicious executable on compromised Windows PCs. The …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Elmer Phud
    IT Angle

Oh, come on

Are you seriously suggesting that this sort of thing wasn't expected?

It's business as usual and you know it so what's the big fuss this time?

"Oh, they are preying on the unfortunate" Well, bugger me, it's not as if it's anything new, it's been going on for centuries in one form or another.

Don't complain -educate!

2. Anonymous Coward
    Gates Horns

hosting a Flash exploit?

> Malicious emails contain infected Excel attachments hosting a Flash exploit ultimately designed to drop a malicious executable on compromised Windows PCs ..

hosting a Windows exploit shurley ?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Not really

Assuming this is the same Excel/Flash exploit that's been in the headlines lately, it doesn't affect recent versions of Windows.

3. Richard Johnson 1
    FAIL

Umm..

Was that a rant, or news?

4. trarch
    Thumb Up

Re; Oh, come on

I have to agree; this was certainly an inevitability.

Scumbags indeed, however they are scumbags in general. Turning the disaster into their opportunity makes no difference, and would actually raise an eyebrow if they didn't do so.

5. Shannon Jacobs
    Grenade

Education is not sufficient

I want to join a vigilante virtual lynch mob to nail spammers and ALL of their accomplices. I think the LARGE number of people who hate spam can get between the spammers and the SMALL number of suckers the spammers are searching for. Unfortunately, Google is too evil to provide the tools, Yahoo lacks the competence, and Microsoft (HotMail) is probably one of the leading accomplices...

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like