back to article Google blames China for Gmail problems

Problems with Gmail in recent weeks are the result of increased snooping by the Chinese government terrified that recent revolutions in north Africa will somehow spread east. Users say they can access their Gmail accounts, but then find that they can't send or load mails. Others have been unable to access the site or get into …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Version 1.0 Silver badge
    Happy

gmail for business?

Tits up in China it seems - that is one of the problems with this kind of service.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

That's my new excuse of the month

"Sorry guys, the project is going to be late, it's not my fault, it's the chinese."

3. poohbear

SSH man in the middle?

Perhaps the Chinese are having some teething trouble with their SSH man-in-the-middle code?

4. Him over there

Same thing happens here

In my office we do the same but we blame whoever is on holidays or has quit recently for server fails. Blaming an entire country is a bit much though, to be fair.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen

Maybe Google should then leave China as they threatened to many times? Instead of putting their platform at risk.

But I guess having it will come in handy for Schmidt's upcoming Secretary of Commerce job.

6. XMAN
    Happy

Ping Tunnel

When I was in China, I would create an SSH tunnel (creating local socks5 proxy) over a ping Tunnel (using hans tunnel). I can't imagine they're going down to that level of snooping.

1. David Dawson

Wow

Just had a look at hans tunnel/ tcp over icmp. I was totally unaware that it was possible, let alone it was available to use.

How cool.

7. L1feless

I wouldn't say that

It has been well known that the Chinese have been getting their paws into a lot lately. There have been a multitude of hacks which have been linked back to Chinese servers.

8. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

China's fault?

Interesting that the country that snoops and hacks the most is consistently ignored by your PRC bashing crowd.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like