back to article Eric Schmidt's next gig: Obamaman?

Google's soon-to-be-ex CEO Eric Schmidt may be joining the Obama administration in a Cabinet-level position, according various reports bouncing around the interwebs. "The word in Washington is that President Obama is close to naming departing CEO Eric Schmidt as the nation's next Secretary of Commerce," writes Business Insider …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Down

Bloody hell

Google officially truly and well seated in US government. What a monster.

Not even Bill Gates went that low.

And people were joking about tinfoil hats.. with this lot not even lead helmets will be enough.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Considering all this influence Google has with Obama.

Anyone would think they had installed an android in the White House.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

The first step...

...towards sinking into obscurity alongside the president whose biggest achievement was to win the Nobel prize for not being George Bush.

4. Chad H.
    Alert

Obamaman?

"This is the Googleplex And this is Eric - the executive who leads an exciting double life. For when Eric meets a Obama an amazing transformation occurs!

Eric...is...OBAMAMAN, ever alert for the call to action!"

---

Someone get the goodies on the phone quick!

5. Eddy Ito
    Big Brother

Would come as no surprise

He would fit in well with a government more interested in poking around in the citizenry's private business than it is actually functioning as a government. Gee, that he is loved by both sides of the red and blue divide can only mean it would be the worst of all possible worlds for the folks actually paying the bill for all this meddling.

What do you mean that isn't an Eric Schmidt icon?

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

RE Google influence in the Whitehouse

Patience good people. I am a rabid hater of all things Republican (in the US political system context) and even I can see that Obama is a shoe-in for being a 1-term president.

I doubt you'd find a sober bookie who would give you odds on Obama losing in 2012. Let's all just hope it is to another Democrat in the Primaries and not Sarah Palin in the big one.

7. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

Great!

Just we need more arrogant scum in charge of the US! I will never like Schmitt untl the day I die, "If you don't like us taking pictues of your house, then move!". Yeah, I will. How about I put my 4 man tent up in the back garden of one of your many houses? I bet Google would never photograph your houses would they!

8. Version 1.0 Silver badge
    Happy

When the going get's wierd ...

The weird move to Washington. But the odd thing is, he's going to fit right in when he gets there.

This topic is closed for new posts.