back to article More cocaine found at Kennedy Space Center

NASA officials at the Kennedy Space Center have discovered 4.2 grammes of a "white powdery substance" believed to be cocaine, Space.com reports. The suspect substance turned up on 7 March at an unspecified location on the Florida complex. A preliminary on-the-spot test by police "indicated a positive test for cocaine", …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Nasa

No shuttle no problem there's more than one way to get high...

2. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

Does that make it...

wait for it....space dust?

1. foo_bar_baz
      Coat

nah, the employees

just wanted to get spaced

3. Bluenose
    Alert

New strategy

The cartels are using shipment via the ISS rather than Mexico due to the problems with the drug wars there.

4. maclovinz
    Welcome

TITLE

Amazing what kind of substances these rocket chemical reactions are producing now.

Maybe they can grow me some greeny stuff!

5. Dom 3

"preliminary on-the-spot test by police"

That'll be the old finger-dab then.

6. Chris Miller

Well over 10,000 workers at Kennedy Space Center

I'd be rather surprised if no drugs had ever been found there.

7. John Smith 19 Gold badge
    Stop

Kennedy is *huge*

I don't think 4.2g of *anything* goes very far, either for ground coverage or supplying the staff (All told I'd think it's not shy of 10000 people).

But this being a US *government* site I'd figure *all* the staff could be eligible for random drug tests.

1. tom 24
      Pint

Re: *All* staff shuold be eligible for drug tests...

Well... except that we never test executives, obviously. This is the US after all, not some communist country. ;)

8. The Beer Monster
    Pint

Fly me to the moon...

I'll drink to that

9. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Second cash stream

Me thinks someone is looking to the future where they are no longer employed by NASA.

Or they need the cocaine because they are doing two jobs as NASA isn't filling positions they will be eliminating in the near future.

10. JaitcH
    Alert

Now NASA has no shuttles, no flights, no goals and no budget ...

maybe it's a soon to be made redundant employee or contractor fighting off despondency. At least an under performing employee won't endanger crew lives.

Maybe the should send one of those crew-cut Drug Enforcement Types to the space station - just in case, you know.

R.I.P. Christa McAuliffe

1. Tempest
      Unhappy

You mentioned Christa McAuliffe - such a loss to her children and the school

Christa McAuliffe was selected as the primary candidate for the NASA Teacher in Space Project assigned as a 'liaison' for school children, and killed on 1986 January 28 on board the Space Shuttle Challenger disaster.

A tragic loss especially for her two children, Scott and Caroline, who were nine and six when Christa died.

11. LuMan
    Joke

NASA

NArcotic Snorting Astronauts!

12. Graham Bartlett

Oops

So if all tests on ground crew came back negative, there's some guys about 200 miles up who they haven't yet checked. Guess some poor sod up in the ISS had one last snort before liftoff, and now they've nicked his stash.

13. Znort666
    Joke

"A premliminary...

on-the-spot test by police "indicated a positive test for cocaine" "

Cop with rolled up note, mirror and credit card...

14. Andy 17
    Joke

Well it has to be...

..those pesky drug running illegal aliens!

15. b166er
    Coat

NASA

Nasally Assisted Space Adventures

16. Scorchio!!

Naah

It's just toothpaste for the astronauts, honest.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like