back to article iPad 2, A5 chip, and Smart Cover strip-searched

Apple's iPad 2, launched last Friday, has already been subjected to teardowns by the intrepid vivisectionists at iFixit, UBM TechInsights, and Chipworks, who have discovered details of its A5 processor and other chips, a trio of "massive" battery cells, and a total of 31 magnets providing the sticktuitiveness of the tablet's …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. AlexS
    Dead Vulture

Oh good!

Yet another iPad article - keep 'em coming - we will never get bored of them :(

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

why?

Here's an idea - if you aren't interested in an article then don't read it?

1. Danny 5
        Happy

you don't get it

the Apple flamewars are back, so applebashing has returned to us, the previous reply is perhaps not so much applebashing, but it fits the current sentiment towards apple.

i for one, cannot hate apple anymore then i do now, so i simply post silly replies like this.

2. Happy Moose
    Jobs Halo

That's all very interesting...

...but will it blend?

1. RichyS
      Grenade

Still? Really?

Have I just woken up in 2006?

You've also forgotten to ask if it plays Crysis.

1. TakeTheSkyRoad

Well I was wondering about Far Cry actually !!

And the answers are probably yes, no & no.

Some people here remember how cool Total Annhilation (which it might run) seemed on 1st load so go back to sleep.

1. Danny 5
          Stop

what are you saying?

Total annihilation is one of the best RTS games ever. it has lasted longer then any other RTS and there's still people playing it today. it was also the basis for Total Commander, which is one of the best current RTS games. and the fans also created their own free, 3D version of the game (well, an engine anyway, Spring RTS).

wow, that's about as far offtopic as you can go, how'd you come up with TA?

2. Alan 6

Will it blend

I think the answer is Yes - http://www.willitblend.com/videos.aspx?type=unsafe&video=ipad

1. Happy Moose

I agree there's precendence...

The old one blended good. But will the A5 processor, the "smart cover" and all those magnets adorning the iPad2 finally contrive to beat the Blendtec blender?

3. JDX Gold badge

another iPad article

I don't own an iPad or really want one but I'm interested to read about modern popular hardware. News is things people care about.

1. Charles 9

I keep tabs on this stuff, too.

And every so often, I get an "Ooh, shiny" moment. Right now, though, it's the occasional cheap Android tablet I run into that draws that out of me (most recently, one that could run Angry Birds at twice the size I'm accustomed). But then I calmed down and moved on.

As for the iPads, it seems neat enough, but I'm holding out because of emerging color e-ink techs that can not only improve battery life but make the thing a sight better to use outdoors. So for right now, it's, "Thanks, but no thanks."

4. AlexS
    FAIL

I agree

The iPad is interesting, and that's why there should be an article (ney 3 articles!) EVERY SINGLE DAY about it until 2011, after all that's sod all else IT news around other than the iPad itself right? ;)

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like