back to article Nokia Software Updater for Mac Beta

There was a time when having to use anything but a Nokia phone would evoke fears of disorientation and a general unease about straying from my comfort zone. Sony Ericsson? Where is everything? Motorola? Does it do iSync? Samsung? Er... Even though Nokia never actually overwhelmed Mac users with its support for the platform, if …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Paul 666
    Thumb Down

yawn...

why bother?

2. gerryg
    Linux

Please...

...tell me that this means that the final missing piece for my Nokia 5800 is that I'll soon be able to fully interact with my Linux desktop

Please

Pretty please?

1. gooddseea

cool

its so cool looking forward to

3. Frederick Tennant
    Terminator

Too Little Too Late

How long? I needed something for my Mac years ago, great phones you did then but now?

Im on my second generation of IPhone, (3Gs) and you expect me to return to Nokia with this half finished product? best stick to what your good at, (Windows), now thats a good, finished product. i will not change my work computer for something that crashes 3 times a day (PC).

Rant over, well I do feel sorry for Nokia, they was the No1., now they are just an old phone company watching the world go by. Most Mac users now have Iphones, we just had to wait too long for you to do something about the lack of support.

Just a thought, I bet if they look in their Development bin they would find a proposal for an touch screen Os in there which a bright developer came up with but management killed as it was not in keeping with their old ways.

1. David Beck
      Thumb Up

I don't want a touchsceen phone but

I do want a phone that has lots of features, GPS+maps, VoIP, WiFI, Java, ...

Currently I'm stockpiling E-Series phones (E52, E55) , next on the list is an E72. If any of your readers would like to throw one of these useless, out of date, old fashioned, unsophisticated, untrendy pieces of rubbish at me just leave a reply to this post.

1. gooddseea

im not agree

a touch phone is great

4. David Beck
    Thumb Down

Thank your local deity

for no OVI Suite. Ovi Suite on the PC is a 300mb pile of steaming excrement which remains in it's latest form less functional than the PC Suite which Nokia have inexplicably chosen to replace. Ovi Suite is a prime example of "form over function".

"Who cares if it doesn't copy the Contacts DB properly, it looks really pretty."

"Who cares if it can only download ALL the maps to update one map, it looks really pretty."

"Who cares if it is unbearably slow at doing the few things that it is able to do, it looks really pretty."

If Nokia are really going to sack a number of workers I would like to make a few suggestions as where to start.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like