back to article Russian republic in sex bomb alert

Police in the Russian republic of Karelia were obliged to evacuate and cordon off a post office in the capital Petrozavodsk yesterday after staff reported a "suspicious parcel". Bomb squad operatives moved in to check the package emitting "a sound resembling a ticking clock". The earth failed to move, however, when they opened …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. LuMan
    Thumb Up

Are they now...

..post coital!

1. Elmer Phud

First class - every time

as per title

2. tony2heads
    IT Angle

Was Tom Jones in the area?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KUJE2xs-RE

3. JakeyC

No bulging package?

Surely their suspicions were "aroused by a bulging package", no?

Just a suspicious packet? Shame.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Best ship with batteries not ins...talled then.

Apparently it is entirely possible to defuse not-a-bombs without "controlled explosions". Or, for that matter, shooting laptops, blowing up toy horses, and such. "But where would be the fun in that?", the explosive ordnance service asks. Yes, well, as long as someone else pays for the damage, why not, eh? Buffoons in the security circus.

There is apparently a stringent need in western "security thinking" that has it that it has to be as inconvenient, degrading, and costly as the squirming populace will only just tolerate. Others don't share the view that such is needed. I'd say that's a sign on the wall, raising poignant questions that our benevolent overlords are to answer. Discuss.

5. Elmer Phud

I've got a rocket in my pocket and baby it's ready to blow

"a similar incident at a post office in Hasland, Chesterfield, ended with a vibrator made safe in a controlled explosion"

Aren't they supposed to cause an almost uncontrolled explosion?

6. brain_flakes

When a suitcase vibrates, then the throwers gotta call the police

Nine times out of ten it's an electric razor. But… every once in a while… it's a dildo. Of course, it's company policy never to imply ownership in the event of a dildo. We have to use the indefinite article, "a dildo", never… your dildo.

7. Anonymous Coward
    Troll

made safe?

"ended with a vibrator made safe in a controlled explosion."

thouse things are never safe!!! thery are a ticking time bomb of moral dcay I tell you!!!!

8. unsliced
    Grenade

So ...

.. the earth didn't move then?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like