back to article Trujillo embraces his inner amigo

Australia's favourite Ex-Telstra CEO, Sol Trujillo, may have left the country with an extra $30m in his pocket after a four-year stint taunting the government and shareholders, but that didn’t stop him from branding the experience as marred by racist "amigo-heavy" slurs. These days, it seems Sol is focusing on his Hispanic …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Cpt Blue Bear

It's not us, it's you

Sol, it's not all Hispanics we Aussies hate, it's just you. Good riddance to one of the most expensive and most destructive executives Aus has ever seen. You know we all called you The Mexican Bandit when you were here, right?

1. david 12 Silver badge

It's not you, it's us.

Sadly, it's not individuals Aussies hate, it's just anyone who isn't the same as us. Americans in particular, but when we aren't hating them, it's the Japs, the Towel Heads, the Slants, Boat People, Poms, people who don't like boat people, people who don't like towel heads, people who don't like japs, people who are too loud (greeks and americans), people who are too pretentious (english and french), people who have an accent, people who don't speak english (don't dribble .. at me), people like Pauline Hansen, people who like Pauline Hansen, Howard, Julia, etc etc.

But it's always their fault. We are a generous and welcoming people.

1. SisterClamp

Don't forget...

to also include people from Sydney (if you live in Melbourne), people from Adelaide (if you live in Sydney), people from Perth (if you live in Brisbane), and so on. I remember well the anonymous phone calls in Melbourne telling us that "we'll run all you migrants out of our country" and the "Asians Get Out" signs in the Gold Coast hinterland. Ah happy times, happy times.

1. Cpt Blue Bear
          FAIL

Showing your ignorance

If you are going to make comments like this, you might want to have some basic knowledge of Australia.

First up, no one east of Broken Hill gives a rats about Adelaide. Traditional city rivalries are Sydney-Brisbane and Adelaide-Melbourne. Melbournians would like to move up to the first division and have a Melbourne-Sydney rivalry, but no one in Sydney cares so they are stuck. Perth is too far away the best they can do is a kind of one sided rivalry with the rest of the country, Hobart too small and Darwin too, well, Darwin.*

Second, do you really remember those phone calls or do get your current affairs knowledge from commercial TV? Given the number of migrants in Melbourne (second biggest Greek city in the world) that must have been a shit load of anonymous phone calls. Should be fairly easy to find the culprit: he's the one with the HUGE phone bill. As for the Goldcoast hinterland, that's always been 30 years behind the rest of the country, we just ignore them and I suggest you do the same.

* I seem to have forgotten Canberra - well it gets forgotten in every other respect.

2. Denarius
        FAIL

@david12

your aqe is it ? Grow up. Ozzies are too indifferent, outside of the self righteous slobs in uni student unions to give a stuff about anything that does not cost them money. Hanson is an amusement in her lack of clue.

where else in the world is the local Italian food court stand run (well) by chinese from Vietnam and every small town having at least one Thai, Loatian, vietnamese or chinese takeaway ?

Even poms can find food here !

I agree with you about disliking loud humans. Probably why we dislike most yank tourists as do nearly all the world.

3. Cpt Blue Bear
        WTF?

Neurotic little twat, aren't you...

Took offence at something someone here said, did you? I think you need to stop taking what Aussie's say so seriously. Apart from the usual lunatic fringe (in which I include parts of the the Liberal Party these days) I'm hard pressed to think of anyone I know who genuinely hates poms, wogs, lebbos, towel heads, coons, slopes, doggas, curry munchers or any other minority group prominent enough to have their own derogatory nickname. We may make the odd racist joke here and there but it's a joke FFS.

All of which is completely beside the point of a story about Sol Trujillo and his latest attempt to excuse his more or less complete failure as CEO of Telstra by blaming racism. Good riddance to bad rubbish and give our money back.

2. Michael Hoffmann Silver badge
    Thumb Down

Our own fault.

Who decided that the guy who had already run US West (known as US Worst) into the ground would be a good CEO for Telstra?

Having lived in Colorado way back when this guy ran the telco there, the missus and I barked out bitter laughs when we read that he was going to run Telstra - and the fawning and slavering of the Australian media over his appointment.

I wish I'd kept a copy of the article in The Age here in Melbourne that went absolutely gaga over him. They probably deleted it form their archives to erase all evidence.

That he's now playing the La Raza crowd doesn't surprise me in the least.

3. Bob Fish

Damn

and I thought that this article was about Robert Trujillo, bassist with Suicidal Tendencies/ Metallica...

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

so the secret to combatting "racism"

is to set up an organization that excludes all other races? Complain and call everyone else inferior because they are exclusive, but your only solution is not to learn from them but do exactly the same thing?

Another example of "Social Just-Us".

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like