back to article Punters take tech to bed, breakfast

There are two winners of the Sybil Fawlty "bleedin' obvious" award this week. First, let's give a round of applause to IPTV company SeeSaw which managed to identify a new social trend: 'TV Dinners' have become 'PC Dinners'. The on-demand TV service SeeSaw interviewed 2000 Brits and found that over half of them "confessed" to …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. John Moppett
    Unhappy

What about...

The really sad people, who sit and surf while they watch TV?

Don't we rate a mention?

1. Efros

Not sad

Just a reflection of the demands modern TV puts upon your brain i.e. none whatsoever, I'm sure it's possible to follow The Apprentice whilst doing 16 other things simultaneously.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

And...

A reflection of the kind of crap they put on TV thee days... If I'm not going out on a Saturday night then I very seriously doubt I will find anything stimulating to watch on the idiot box... Celeb this, reality that, sad twats that can't sing being insulted by another sad twat who has his trouser waistband above his nipples... Nah, don't think so some how!

Break out the PC and find something to watch on iplayer, 4od, seesaw etc.

2. Lionel Baden
    FAIL

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

OH MY GOD !!!!!!!!

THEY MENTIONED CHILDREN !!!!!

THE WORLD WILL END !!!!

I Must put my kids to bed at 4:00 PM for fear of them growing up delinquent.

.... wait ... I think as a kid, I always stayed up late. Reading under the covers. had I had a computer i would of done that instead.

New survey**

Computer trumps books most of the time for what kids prefer to do in the evening.

** survey made up of my kids answering that question

3. PaulWizard
    Coat

"more than a third of them watching TV or downloading pr0n before bed"

Am I the only one to see the positive that at least they are getting some exercise? Mines the one with my hands in the pockets.

4. Efros

Late nights

Lack of sleep I found most common when I had run into some problem (hardware/software/coding) that required serious concentration, brain shifts into problem solving mode and if it's not solved before normal bedtime then bedtime will be delayed until it is solved. Going to bed with something like that gnawing at the back of your brain is not conducive to sleepy byes.

5. BristolBachelor Gold badge
    Joke

How old were the kids?

"Kids today are getting an hour-and-a-half to two hours less sleep per night than they did a century ago."

A century? and I thought that _I_ was old for a kid!

6. MancMike

The opposite for me

"According to the NSF, that can have a negative impact on work, mood, family relationships, driving ability, sexual energy and, of course, health."

How does it have a negative impact on sexual energy? The stuff I watch on my PC actually increases it.

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

wasn't like that in my day...

I remember the days of sneaking across the landing with an extension cord for my secret 28.8k modem that my mate found in a skip.

8. Real Name
    WTF?

A study shows that people who take out useless studies lose valuable life time

Why have we not seen a study on studies yet?

9. Graham Bartlett

Erm...

Just a little bit worrying that this is a study about kids, and "driving ability" and "sexual energy" are listed as two of the things that can go wrong with lack of sleep. Personally I reckon if it reduces twocking and tugging, this is a good thing.

I went most of my time at secondary school without too sleep. But that was bcos I'd be coding or playing computer games all evening, then set my alarm early (like 5am) and rattle off homework in the morning. I missed a few assignments, but mostly it worked.

10. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Check again in 2 years...

I'm sure the PC usage will start to decrease again, just as mine has as the newer breed of smart phones and tablets are far easier to use whilst sitting on the loo, hiding under the duvet etc etc...

Now if only they did a soap and water proof one for bath time.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Check again in 2 years...

"Now if only they did a soap and water proof one for bath time."

This article is about teenagers, so what does bath time have to do with it?

11. squilookle
    Happy

I tend to eat my dinner while watching TV on the computer...

but the computer is a laptop and sits on the kitchen table, so I am eating at the dinner table. Oh well.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like