back to article Google 'not interested' in bidding for UK spectrum

The man behind Google's $4.6bn plan to become a national wireless broadband provider in the US has ruled out a similar move in the UK when spectrum is auctioned off over the next two years. Chris Sacca, the search and advertising giant's "head of special intiatives", will meet regulators at Ofcom today to discuss UK spectrum, …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. amanfromMars Silver badge
    Mars

Invading AIResearch Space ......

But what if BT/21st Century Networks/Ofcon want to Use Google? ..... to Push their Future Perfect Services and UltiMate GAImes for Aspiring Connoisseurs.

I suppose with Careful Programming that will done Automatically via Algorithm anyway.

Hmmm? So would Google be paying to know ahead of Time Information if they were to Invest in BT/21st Century Networks/Ofcon InterNetworking Nodes.

How very Convenient for Both.

2. leslie
    Thumb Down

Damn........

Considering the quality of UK broadband suppliers and 3g net access, I'm disappointed that Google is not coming to save us.

3. amanfromMars Silver badge
    Mars

Sergey and Larry UK Binge Shopping ....Free Spirits out on a Spree?

Everything in Moderation Enjoys Everyone's Pleasure. Sp00ky Zen.

"Considering the quality of UK broadband suppliers and 3g net access, I'm disappointed that Google is not coming to save us."

Are they not? You wouldn't XXXXPect them to act Normal, would you? That just wouldn't be Google.

Methinks they Seek the Mastery of the Roles. I trust they have Stout Hearts for Such Questing into Transubstantiation/Virtually Real TelePortation.

A Future Perfect Google Vessel/Flagship?

4. Brendan Sullivan

@ leslie

As poor as those services may be in the UK they tend to be even worse in the US in terms of speed and coverage (at least in my experience).

This topic is closed for new posts.