back to article Opera man muscles into Apple mobile ad kingdom

When Apple launched its iAd platform, says Mahi de Silva, it barred all third-party advertising services from accessing the platform's mobile ad network. That included de Silva's own AdMarvel, the mobile-ad exchange owned by browser-maker Opera Software. But according to the AdMarvel CEO, multiple big-name publishers told Apple …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Very Interesting

When I look up admarvel in the dictionary all that come up is a big picture of a very dirty horse's rear end.

1. RePreGister
      Thumb Up

Interesting indeed

That's very interesting indeed, because that's what I see when I look up your name as well!

2. Bryce Prewitt
    Heart

[citation needed]

"Apple didn't respond when we attempted to verify this claim. But it doesn't respond when we attempt to verify anything"

Aww, Cade, the Register is like Apple's oft-abused ex bound by ethical journalism to constantly keep seeking comment and always ending up, sadly, rebuked.

One day, in a fit of desperation, perhaps looking to extract any sort of emotional closure from the abusive former flame, the Register will send Steve Jobs an e-mail, asking why Apple never bothers calling anymore to invite it over and, really, what happened to all those good times? Steve, as he is infamously wont to do, will reply that he doesn't love you anymore, never did and would you please just let it go.

3. Iggle Piggle

Clearly it's big business but

the only time I ever make use of an advert on my smart phone is when I accidentally touch one.

4. TeeCee Gold badge
    Coat

"...pull an ad from DoubleClick and place it on a mobile device."

No point to that. The massive Flash animation won't run on the iPhone and the embedded trojan probably won't work on iOS either......

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like