back to article Apple shutters store as fanbois camp out on virtual pavement

Apple has pulled the plug on its online store, flagging up to he world that it is about to unleash something new and magical and revolutionary on the world. steve_jobs_ipad Or it's simply clearing the virtual shelves for the iPad 2 later today. Visitors to the site are currently being met with the mystic "We'll be back soon …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Mac Mini upgrade GET

About time for a mini upgrade...

1. DF118
      Troll

Is that "a mini upgrade" as in...

...an upgrade, the magnitude of which is completely and utterly belied by the level of attention it receives?

2. CmdrX3
    Jobs Horns

Oh look.......

It's a new Macbook Pro with Thunderbolt....................ZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzz

3. CmdrX3
    Jobs Horns

Oh look.......

It's a new iMac............................ZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

4. CmdrX3
    Jobs Horns

Oh look.......

It's a new iPad........................ZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

5. CmdrX3
    Jobs Horns

Oh look.......

It's a new [insert other old Apple product here]................ZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Just hedging my bets.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Jobs Halo

Just to add to the rumour mill..

Mr Jobs & Co have "reportedly" hired a number of studios and offices at BBC Television Centre today, there is also a rumour amongst those working at the beeb that god himself, sorry steve jobs, will be in attendence.

Someone shake me when its all over.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Thumb Down

Ah, the BBC; where there is no advertising

...other than the blatant promotion and product placement, for whatever the Beeboids find cool/have received for free/get brown envelopes to promote

7. Illucid
    Terminator

Or perhaps...

Not "Sir" Steve of Jobs has found Shangri-La, where he has been drinking copiously from the "Fountain of Youth", thus gaining immortality and thus resolving the fears of the Apple stock holders.

8. sT0rNG b4R3 duRiD
    Jobs Halo

LOL@photoshopped jobs...

Good job! Whomever did that. I'd like to know, is this an El Reg original or was this lifted off somewhere else. Also, if it's an El Reg, do you mind my lifting it off the site?

Please tell me he's not Catholic and they're not going to try and even think of that..

1. JaitcH
      WTF?

That picture of Saint Steve is all over sites ...

in China, HongKong and VietNam.

Don't think there is an attributed faith - most likely standard TV bible thumper gear used by all the usual culprits including Robert H. Schuller <https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/Robert_H._Schuller > of the California megachurch founded by the television evangelist which hit the bumpers when Wall Street broke the world's banks.

Every iPhan should have one as a screen saver and a wall hanging to remind them of Him.

9. Anonymous Coward
    Grenade

Reminds me of a cruel pet owner.

Who holds a favoured treat just out of reach just to watch his poor dumb animal squirm.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like