back to article Twitter terminates Steve Jobs parodist

Twitter has axed the highly popular parody account of a counterfeit Steve Jobs. The tweeter, @ceoSteveJobs, had a following of more than 460,000 Twitterati, GeekSmack reported on Tuesday night when revealing the account suspension, and @ceoSteveJobs had contributed more than 650 satirical tweets in the persona of the Apple …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Pah!

Forget the threatening etc etc clause, and look back up the list...

"who knowingly and without consent credibly impersonates.." anyone that thought coeSteveJobs was really St Jobs is obviously a gibbering idiot likely to buy over-hyped fashion technology items... Oh... Yes, I see the problem.

Anyway, everyone knows that the real St Steve speaks to people through messages on toasted cheese sandwiches.

2. Anonymous John

More than 460,000 Twitterati?

Probably more than the real Steve Jobs.

3. MinionZero
    Big Brother

censor censor censor

What so even obvious parody and humour is to be censored in our brave new world.

Can't take the piss out of the rich and powerful. On no, can't have that. Lets keep subverting the law to sideline any form for parody. Soon we won't even be able to mention the person or company the parody is of, for fear of violating various copyright & other IP laws. :(

1. g e

Just like

Julian Assange(tm)

Trademark Infringement!

4. Yag
    Joke

...without some other distinguishing word, such as 'not,' 'fake,' or 'fan'.

mmmh... so SteveJobsFan is allowed.

Perhaps someone can replace "Fan" by "AirBlower" or "FullOfHotAir", it's almost similar after all...

5. Anonymous Coward
    Jobs Horns

Stop impersonating me!

Why don't you imposters start your own empires?

Sent from my iSlab.

(Authenticity of this message not guaranteed in California.)

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like