back to article IT guy answers daughter's Facebook rant by shooting her laptop

An angry American IT pro has responded to a rude Facebook post from his daughter by riddling her laptop with a fusillade of bullets and posting video of the shooting on YouTube. Here it is, with the incensed dad leading in by reading out the offending Facebook post and offering a few points in response before emptying his .45 …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Page:

Bronze badge
Mushroom

This guy is a psycho

Nuff said. Rational folks won't own a gun. Hell, the only gun IT guys own are Nerfs, or if you're richer, stun guns.

And his daughter is right to demand being paid for doing household chores.

I hope social services deal with this psycho. Preferably by taking his daughter away.

Thumb Down

re: This guy is a psycho

Why the hell is it his daughters right to demand being paid for doing household chores.

Presumably she doesn't pay for rent or food etc? There is a cleaning lady as well so she isn't being asked to do much!

FAIL

"Nuff said. Rational folks won't own a gun. Hell, the only gun IT guys own are Nerfs, or if you're richer, stun guns.

And his daughter is right to demand being paid for doing household chores.

I hope social services deal with this psycho. Preferably by taking his daughter away."

Really and free room and board aren't enough? She was doing less than 30 minutes of chores each day and for that she got free room and board, high speed internet, a cell phone, a nice laptop and whatever else that was provided to her. The police and social services have already looked into the video and they didn't have a problem with it.. and the daughter doesn't either. Read the guy's FB page!

Happy

@Zippy

Exactly. If all's I have to do to get free room & board is to do 30 minutes of chores, I'd be there like a shot, with nary a facebook tirade about the unfairness of it all.

As it is, I have to support the woman and the kids -- and I spend a hell of a lot more time than 30 minutes doing that, so I am a little short on sympathy for the little snowflake.

If she'd written that in paper... (diary?)

would daddy shoot it dead with a .45 'n hollow point rounds? He wouldn't have spent 150$ in software for it, at least.

Some things are better kept in paper or nowhere at all but your noggin'.

Political aspirations?

This guy is wasted in IT. Let's get him elected in whatever country he so chooses. About time the hazards of Facebook were put on display and the social degradation it can cause. If you push the boundaries of social liberalism there will eventually be a conservative backlash. Get ready for some more of this as I suspect there is a silent majority support for the position this guy adopted.

FAIL

Whether they are

a majority is unclear, but they're far from silent anyway; unless you consider luminaries such as the denizens of Fox News or the nastier end of talk radio to be in any way "silent".

Seriously, though, I suppose it's easy enough to have a laugh at this, but I earnestly hope it's just a wind-up. I could just about go with "This is your laptop. This is the Red Cross store. This is me taking the laptop INTO the Red Cross store. Hello Red Cross lady, would you like a laptop?", but even assuming that matters are exactly as he said I can't help feeling that the reaction was disproportionate, wasteful, and unlikely to end up producing the desired effect. You can gain compliance with fear for a while, certainly, but that's a lot different to respect and I'm not sure this fellow knows the difference. What's next - her bedroom's untidy, so burn her teddy bear? Homework late? Set fire to her books! Lock her in the coal cellar!

Devil

Re: Whether they are

Drama girl needs drama.

Daddy supplies drama.

Wacky hijinks ensue.

Anonymous Coward

Too dumb to understand

The entitled generation is too dumb to understand how good they have it. She needs some more tough love.

He spoke with the local police after the video was posted to Youtube and they didn't have a problem with it.

Pint

And that is where strippers come from.

Teenager acts immaturely and inappropriately, as teenagers do. Adult responds with violence, anger and humiliation. That'll jist about do it.

seriously.. he addresses exactly that. on his fb page.. both him and his daughter are quite insulted by that attitude!

This post has been deleted by its author

Anonymous Coward

I offer this advice for next time

Shoot the kid, sell the laptop.

Less hassle, can be sure he won't get any lip again so after the next time (and there will be one, some kids don't learn) there won't be another next time and more than likely less press coverage, and any media coverage there is will receive more understanding and sympathy.

Win - Win all round for him...

This post has been deleted by its author

min

a man after my own heart.

phew!

Longest. Forum. Ever.

Page:

This topic is closed for new posts.

Forums