back to article Brit pair deported from US for 'destroy America' tweet

A couple of Brits were unceremoniously ejected from the US last week after one of them ill-advisedly tweeted he was off to "destroy America". Leigh Van Bryan, 26, and pal Emily Bunting, 24, jetted into Los Angeles last Monday ahead of what they hoped would be a lively Stateside holiday. Their shorter-than-expected trip …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Page:

1. sugerbear

Gary Mckinnon

Take note Gary Mckinnon, if you want to be sent back without having to bother with a lengthy court process.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Perhaps they are trying to alienate everyone to the point where the only people trying to get in are the terrorists.. that would make the process a whole lot easier.

3. Bernard M. Orwell
    Trollface

America, fuck no!

Let's face it, USofA, the last time you were actually the "Land of the Free" is when we owned you.

Yours, The United Kingdom.

4. AndGregor
    Thumb Up

How strange, a bit of cross referencing would have flagged up the 'quote from Family Guy' and a bit of consulting from a UK resident would have made clear the destroying phrase, can offer my services for a fat wage packet and my own taser..

Border patrol must be doing a good job as no bad guys are tweeting their intentions to commit terrorists atrocities before boarding a plane into welcoming arms.. Job Done !

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

INS

I was once asked by an INS lady, as it was then, why I had not yet married my American fiancee, I am British and was a bit taken aback by her attitude. When I finally did emigrate, the INS did indeed treat me like shit, I kid you not.

1. perlcat
      Black Helicopters

They treat everyone like that.

It's their job.

6. Jamie Kitson

A picture worth 1000 words

There is a picture of the two of them in the Sun.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4095372/Twitter-news-US-bars-friends-over-Twitter-joke.html

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Ha ha

I would take one look at them and not let them in my country either!

7. Anonymous Coward
    Trollface

What a rage! :)

Calm down dear brits. You used to do the same in the past. When EU took down the borders in Europe your island did not get a memo and was turning back people for no reason at all. Just because uk border officers did not like you was enough to send you back.

But suddenly when two arrogant twats got kicked back the rage goes on just because news mentioned "Twitter"?

8. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I'll cancel my vacation plans..

I was thinking about going to Florida for a couple of weeks vacation. Considering all the comments I've made about the US, especially when they screw over the internet (e.g. megaupload), I think I'll be better off just steering clear and saving myself from being turned away at the gates.

9. Stephen Gray

Go somewhere else

The USA executes criminals with mental health issues, won't sign up to the ICC and basically thumbs its nose at basic human rights. Why would you want to spend a holiday there? Perhaps for the culture? The only things that the USA has brought to the global party are gun crime, chronic obesity and litigation.

1. austerusz
      Linux

Don't forget war. How many long-term wars of aggression since WWII were started by someone else except US and its allies?

10. austerusz
    Facepalm

Hmpf

Americans don't understand humour, only humor.

11. spiny norman
    WTF?

What happened to the British passport ????

The one with the page that said: "The bearer of this passport is British. Let them in or else. Yours sincerely Victoria, Regina, Empress of India and everywhere else."

Page:

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like