Feeds

New forum Wishlist

Post your wishlist items for the user forums (or article comments) here. 1 per post, so people can vote up/down as takes their fancy. I'll start the ball rolling with some things that have been mentioned so far...

This topic was created by BristolBachelor .

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Page:

The ability to view/expand, in one's comment record page, *full* threads which one has posted on

Something which Disqus doesn't quite do - it only allows a truncated 'view context' expansion of threads

Pint

A means of accurately distinguishing

exactly *which* original post a given reply is responding to...

An icon

denigrating freetards

Thumb Up

Seems fine to me. The reply arrow is odd. Goes the wrong way and requires more brain cycles than the grey bar did.

I very much like the idea of long-winded replies being faded out to silence. Can we have "I looked at my kingdom, I was finally there, to sit on my throne as the Prince of Bel Air" appended to them as well?

Long comments

Could you have the preview display all text after about 150 words struck through with a note: "You do realise no-one is going to read this?"

Or you could do all long comments in green, to reflect the madness...

TRT
Silver badge

My posts is screwed up. It now takes much more space and the linkback to the original comment is obeying some rule which I can't fathom regarding if it appears or not. Yuck.

TRT
Silver badge

Permalink is not a substitute for displaying a post via an inline anchor, by the way. How can I tell if anyone has replied to my post without going hunting through the dross?

Silver badge

As amusing as it is to be able to report your own posts for abuse...

...is it needed, from a "this is space that could be used for something else" perspective?

Also I posted something as a reply way back on the first page here, not sure if it's been read underneath all the other posts.

Gold badge

Self abuse button

Yes M Gale, and others, that needs to go.

Gold badge

self-abuse button is gone

Replaced by "withdraw" button

Silver badge

Suggestion.

Lock this "new forum wishlist", and add "new forum wishlist mkII". This one is getting a trifle unwieldy. IMO, of course. YMMV.

Gold badge

When reporting a comment for abuse, the ability to add a small snippet of text detailing why you felt this was abusive would be good. (Followed link; was spam. Off topic ad hom attack. Potentially libellous. Etc.)

In at least some cases it might save the mods some time. (Espessially with spam links.)

Vic
Silver badge

How about a date indicator in the "Your Topics" box?

It would be nice to see at a glance which topics have been updated since last I looked...

Vic.

Page:

This topic is closed for new posts.