back to article Fasthosts customers blindsided by emergency password reset

Fasthosts has announced that "a number" of its customers'* FTP spaces were raided as a result of the major hack that triggered a police investigation last month. It has applied a system-wide reset of thousands of passwords as a result. The Gloucester-based webhosting firm yesterday performed the emergency reset of control …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Page:

1. Anonymous Coward
    Alert

Letter to fasthosts

My letter to them.... if they read it ill faint...

Further to my communication and no reply! - IN SEVEN DAYS , i wish to add to my original letter below:

I had hoped that joining Fasthosts would be a pleasurable experience and that i would be able to connect

to my webspace at a minimum. And set up the site with the minimum of fuss.

This has not been the case.

I now expect to find a new host for my domains and webspace, this is going to cost me a lot of extra cash that

i do not really have to spend just before christmas and the final nail in the coffin is the non response with any communication

for 7 days now.

I fear the problems could have been dealt with better than locking everyone out of there account and then taking a week to mail some

of the people there passwords, this too is not acceptable without initial communications, since the mess happened Fasthosts has updated

every other day an update, this really doesn't undo what happend and is why i have made my choice.

I expect no further cost to be projected my way in the future, i will move my domains away shortly .

I understand your position with security but its like smashing a computer that has a virus on it, rather than fixing the problem properly.

2. Anonymous Coward
    IT Angle

BBC report

Are the BBC going to do a follow-up report? Has everyone changed their passwords now? My letter eventually arrived.

3. Dave
    Go

Legal Action & New Host

Like the rest I have a few accounts that make it difficult to move from fasthosts as dont want to cause more down time!

All new accounts I use asp-host.co.uk as they do care about you without all the red tape bull shit! You can also do alot more with their CP if you want to!

Fasthosts Terms surely cant stand up to this mess and ££££ of costs to its resellers and exposer of resellers as resellers! What does white label mean? We need advise on legal action and image damage! Anyone???

4. Paul Hillman
    Thumb Down

Now I'm stuffed...

No snail mail, was mid house move when this kicked off and couldn't get into control panel to change address. AND my email address for password reset is hosted by Farcehosts and as they've locked me out I'll never get to know about a new one.

Anyone suggest a good hosting service ?

Page:

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like