back to article F*ck you, thunders disgruntled fanboi Apple user

Here's a poser for you: What's the difference between a fanboi and an informed Apple user? The answer? Well, here's the opinion of one Aaron, in response to our piece Apple in Brazilian iPad shocker, in which this hack evidently failed to distinguish between discerning technology aficionados and slavish worshippers at the …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Page:

1. MAD
    Jobs Halo

I can't jump because...

... it looks like the parachute will fit the penguin also and I will only wear a personally tailored one! I know it sounds silly, but if I wear it I might not land safely. It's ok though, I'm happy to go without a parachute in the mean time. But next time the plane is about to crash, I should have my parachute made just to my specifications and I'll be able to save the day then. But in the mean time, let's all pretend that no one acutally wants the parachute and this whole problem will go away.

2. Daniel Bennett
    Happy

The fanboi says

I can jump but it'd be pointless as i'll just keep going and going.. I never crash... NEVER.. NEVER!

*jumps*

Weee.. lalalaaaa...

Hmm, the ground is getting close..

*KERNAL PANIC*

The Windows User: "Theres a quick work around for that and a patch will come on Tuesday"

The Penguin: "Choose another distro if this one isn't right for you"

3. Mark Scorah

it's not aaron kempf again is it

the 3rd fotw (that I'm aware of anyway) if it is. must be some sort of record.

4. smeddy

bo

... The fanboi says: "I can't jump, I'm locked-in!"

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I can't jump ....

"Look", says Windows, "there's a shiny new iThingy in that field".

The fanboi is gone.

"Look", says Windows, "that shiny new iThingy with a fanboi splattered next to it can apparently be hacked to get telnetd running and then, if you can find the sources, create a build system, do six impossible things before breakfast, it can be re-flashed to run Ubuntu Netbook Edition".

The open source fanboi is gone.

"and it can run Chrome", says Windows.

A third, previously unseen, fanboi dashes from the toilet and dives from the plane.

"Look!", shouts Windows, "clouds!"

A dozen stowaway fanbois exit.

As the plane returns to horizontal flight the pilot announces, "business as usual".

6. Alexander Vollmer
    Jobs Halo

and the fanboi says ...

... don't bother about it, I will use one of my iProducts and buy an app in the AppStore which will do the jumping for us. That's the way Steve saves us all and the world and the tomorrow. Blessed art thou among men, and blessed is the fruit of thy lab, the iThingy.

7. Paul Hates Handles

I can't jump because...

...I don't crash!

(The plane then gets three bombs and blows up)

8. Scarborough Dave
    Happy

Because

There's a Linux penguin, a fanboi, and a Windows User in a plane, and the pilot says, "we're carrying too much weight, one of you has got to go!"

Apple Fanboi - "being an Apple Fanboi, I am educational sub normal (retarded), so I am incapable of legally making a decision for myself! So Windows User you have to go!"

Pilot - "Steve Jobs just called me and asked you to JUMP fanboi!"

Faboi -"Sorry, did you say Steve Jobs said I should jump?"

Pilot - "Yes!, you will also get 72 Virgin Ipads to sleep with in Fanboi Heaven!"

Faboi - "Ok, Geronimo!"

9. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Brown Trousers Time

There's a Linux penguin, a fanboi, and a Windows luser in a plane, and the pilot says, we're carrying too much weight, one of you has got to go, and the fanboi says, well, I can't jump because...

...my god is still alive and wont be waiting for me when I die. Several seconds pass before the penguin and windows user throw him out of the plane. The windows user says to the pilot "We've thrown out the fanboi, will that save enough weight to save us?" - "Oh I think we're going to be juuuust fine." said the pilot, Captain Adobe.

10. Richard 120

er

I sold my legs to buy an iPad

11. Neoc

I can't jump because...

...I already jump the gun whenever Apple releases a new product.

12. sanity
    Go

I can't jump because...

There's a Linux penguin, a fanboi, and a Windows luser in a plane, and the pilot says, we're carrying too much weight, one of you has got to go, and the fanboi says, well, I can't jump because...

Jumping is not a feature that I see as appealing to the mass market. Sure, walking is useful, everyone does the Walk. The Running is useful also, there are times when we need to run, so I have Running fully implemented. Jumping is only used by about 1 out of 100 people on a daily basis, so I don't do that.

13. Arhu
    Pirate

iJoke

There's a Linux penguin, a fanboi, and a Windows user in a plane, and the pilot says, we're carrying too much weight, one of you has got to go, and the fanboi says, well, I can't jump because I tried downloading the iRelease app for my iParachute using the plane's on board WiFi and my 3GS(ear) burned my hands. The penguin says "well I can't jump because I haven't finished recompiling my kernel for the 1,265th time". The Windows user realises he can use pretty much anything he can get his hands on, grabs the nearest parachute and leaps out the door...

"Do you wish to scan and fix PARACHUTE?

=> Scan and fix (recommended)

=> Continue without scanning"

14. Joe Cincotta
    Joke

...blame windoze...

There's a Linux penguin, a fanboi, and a Windows user in a plane, and the pilot says, "we're carrying too much weight, one of you has got to go", and the fanboi says, "well, I can't jump because it's against the terms of the Apple Developer License Agreement... Anyway, its that fucking Windows user that has all the bloatware - get him to jump!"

15. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

*cough*

There's a Linux penguin, a fanboi, and a Windows user in a plane, and the pilot says, we're carrying too much weight, one of you has got to go..

The Linux penguin says "I can't go - Ubuntu is just about ready for the mainstream. I have to be around to see the desktop revolution!"

The Apple fanboi says "I can't go - the iPad is a genre-changing leap forward in tactile computing. A bidirectional sense-interface can only be around the corner!"

The Windows user shuffles his feet and says "Those things are all pretty cool. I don't know that I can compete with those right now. But I can't jump either!"

"Why not?" ask the penguin and the fanboi.

"I don't know how, unless you guys show me the way..."

Post script: The pilot, listening in over the intercom listens to each story of hope and aspiration and feels pity for the three. He thinks of his own life - successful, fruitful, and all goals complete. He thinks of his kids, now full grown and out on their own. He thinks of his wife, independent and successful in her own right. He thinks of his career, once brilliant but now in its autumn ebb. He thinks of all these things, and then of the three hopefuls. He is suddenly steeled by resolve. He unbuckles his seatbelt and pulls himself out of his seat. He strides to the nearby external door and, with a great effort, flings it open. The wind and cold batters him as he struggles into the doorway. With one last glance astern, he flings himself into the gale...

...taking the only parachute on the plane.

"Ive worked too damned hard to let my wife and kids live in a world run by those sad freaks!" he thinks as he floats gently down to earth...

16. Dom Davis
    Flame

It's a fanboi so clearly the answer is:

I can't jump beacuse... I use Macs, so I'm better than you

17. Select * From Handle
    Stop

I can't jump because...

i havnt got an app for that...

18. Rumcajz

can't jump because...

that would be an interpreted command.

Linux jumps. Windows crashes...

19. max allan

The pilot saves us all....

If the pilot were a real hero, he'd let the plane crash and extinguish 3 OS bigots in one go.

(says the chap who runs OSX on netbook & imac, android on iPhone & hero, IOS on GNS3 & routers and has IOS, OSX, XP, Solaris and occasional Linux all running at home. I've bought 2 versions of BeOS and liked OS2. You can't accuse me of bias.)

20. Anonymous Coward
    Linux

and the fanboi says, well, I can't jump because...

"...wait a minute: my boarding pass says Mr F Anboi. WTF ? I've been using Macs for years, why the hell should I be considered a fanboi ? You fuc..."

At which point the penguin has had just about enough, and pushes him out the door.

21. Arclight

I can't jump because....

.... I paid way over the odds average tech and a pretty OS. You need to get rid of the Windowsman and linuxboy, they paid far less and their wallets are so much heavier than, plus the extra wads of cash will cushion their fall

22. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

and the fanboi says, well, I can't jump because...

... and is cut off brusquely by the Windows user, who says: Nobody is going to jump unless I say so. This whole carrying excess weight thing was MY IDEA and I happen to think it's a damn good one. Besides, the vast majority of planes around the world are carrying excess weight so it MUST be a good idea.

23. Minophis
    Jobs Horns

I can't jump because

Steve Jobs had my legs broken after I was seen using my iPad to read the iPhone 4G review on Gizmodo.

24. chivo243 Silver badge
    Alert

I can't jump because...

Windoze says: "I can't jump because I've already crashed!"

25. JSC

I can't jump because...

there's NOT an app for that!

26. DG 2
    FAIL

Typical response

<inserts generic applecentric comment about windows "Crashing">

And I'm a Mac.

27. Kingprawn
    Paris Hilton

the fanboi jumps because...

...his iPad has wings!

Paris because shes wide set with a heavy flow and needs wings.

28. Al fazed
    Happy

the fanboi says, well, I can't jump because...

It's Red Bull that gives you wings, and there's no app for that.

ALF

29. HaydnH

Mac OS X

There's a Linux penguin, a fanboi, and a Windows user in a plane, and the pilot says, we're carrying too much weight, one of you has got to go, and the fanboi says, well, I can't jump because...

... I send other UNIX boxes to /dev/null **push**

** That's an old Mac OS X PowerBook ad slogan in case you were underground in the early noughties!

30. Stewart Haywood

No app for that.

There's no app for that.

31. Pendragon
    Linux

I can't jump because.... #

The Linux Penguin has already thrown me out of the plane, alone with the windows user "Just in case"

32. Chris Holt

I can't jump because...

'Parachute' is over 10Mb and requires a wireless connection...

33. Anonymous Coward
    Gates Halo

I can't jump because...

...whenever I get in trouble its usually Windows that has to bail out.

34. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

...because...

"There's a Linux penguin, a fanboi, and a Windows user in a plane, and the pilot says, we're carrying too much weight, one of you has got to go, and the fanboi says, well, I can't jump because..."

because I'm a Linux/Winblows fanboi - there are only two of us here now, does that solve the problem?

35. JC 2
    Alert

If you write "Fuck You"...

... then yes, you are emotionally tied enough to a benign topic that you qualify as a fanboi. Those less insane about their jobs and the tools they use to do them, simply ignore those who spend more time complaining about not being able to get the same work done. Whatever OS or hardware you pick, in the end it just has to keep YOU as productive as needed.

36. Mark Graybill

because...

"I can't jump because non-U.S. fanbois all over the world are counting on me to sell them the iPads I've got stashed in the boot!"

37. Mark Graybill

because... (perhaps a better phrasing...)

"I can't jump because I've got a wife, two kids, and 200 kilos of gray-market iPads stashed in the boot."

38. bangers
    FAIL

I can't jump because

If that was a proper one, I would jump, but sorry that's not a signed parachute.

(lols@scan & fix parachute)

39. Rouxenator

I can't jump because

I can't jump because I'm jailbroken and if I die it will be out of warranty.

Page:

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like