The Virgin Media cable network collapsed overnight, leaving up to three million people without internet access for several hours in the crucial final shopping days before Christmas. Both broadband and digital TV services took a lie down just after 10pm on Monday. Virgin Media says "some customers nationally" were affected. VM's …
This outage has gone on since December 9th and still continues. Myself I have lost at least 5 days where the internet was useless, even now the 31 December I am still having cable unplugged coming up. All this despite several emails to Virgin asking for them to explain, this as not been forthcoming. Being disabled this problem and Virgins lack of concern over it as made this Christmas one of the worst I have had for some time, not being able to have our family internet get together. The retirement complex in which I live will be rewired for digital T.V. in 2008 including Sky, this can't be soon enough for me, Virgins customer care leads much to be desired.
- Nokia: Read our Maps, Samsung – we're HERE for the Gear
- Ofcom will not probe lesbian lizard snog in new Dr Who series
- Kaspersky backpedals on 'done nothing wrong, nothing to fear' blather
- Too slow with that iPhone refresh, Apple: Android is GOBBLING up US mobile market
- Episode 9 BOFH: The current value of our IT ASSets? Minus eleventy-seven...