back to article Nokia launches Android range: X marks the growing low-cost spot

Three years after it announced a switch to Windows Phone, Nokia launched a family of Android-based phones today at Mobile World Congress 2014. Nokia's new X family of mobes... The first three devices revealed today at Mobile World Congress adopt the same strategy Amazon has with Android: use the open-source base and develop …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Page:

1. RyokuMas

Wheat from chaff...

Well, I guess this will at least sort out the true supporters of open source from the Google FUD spreaders...

1. dogged

Re: Wheat from chaff...

That's just crazy talk.

The google employees will continue to pour scorn on these because they're not sending all your data to Google and the F/OSS brigade* will pour scorn on these because they'll assume that they send all your data to Microsoft.

Try it for yourself - mention how you can individually change an app's separate permissions in WP8 so that you withold data from Redmond if you so choose and watch the egg-throwing.

*This makes me very sad because I personally use, love and occasionally contribute to open source software on several platforms. But these people make Stallman look compassionately moderate.

2. Lost in Cyberspace

It's a ploy

To make sure Microsoft hurry the fuck up and get on with the deal

3. Stoke the atom furnaces

I told Nokia, via the comments section of the TheRegister, that they should release an Android Phone years ago, but would they listen ?

4. This post has been deleted by its author

5. Charlie Clark Silver badge
    Go

The gateway drug

And this will help them sell Windows Phone because…?

6. cheveron

When can I get one?

Swype clone plus Nokia maps. I'm sold.

Page:

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like