back to article US Congress proposal: National Park will be FOUND ON MOON

The US has National Historical Parks in 26 states, Guam, and the US Virgin Islands, but its next such park could be located as far from US shores as any explorer has ever traveled – namely, the Moon. On Monday, Representatives Donna Edwards (D-MD) and Eddie Bernice Johnson (D-TX) – both members of the House Science, Space, and …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Page:

1. jonfr

I own the moon

There is a while since I claimed the moon for my self. I have not seen any letter for permission of such national park, or money for that matter.

If they want this, they have to ask me first. The rent is 30 million euro a year for such parks. No infrastructure included.

2. Bill Gould

/headdesk

Maybe the US should focus on being able to GO to the moon, or anywhere in space, under their own initiative again before worrying about their litter.

3. John Savard

Amendments

Clearly the law should be amended, to become a resolution to seek a treaty by which these sites would become protected United Nations sites. If not, since the President has heard about the Outer Space Treaty, I guess he would have to veto it.

4. Islander
    Facepalm

Erm... Harrison Schmitt may have been the last person to leave the LEM but Eugene Cernan was the last person to leave the surface of the moon and therefore the last person on the moon.

Oh and we should preserve the Apollo 11 landing site at a minimum when we do eventually return.

Page:

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like