back to article Review: The ultimate Chromebook challenge

Too slow, too expensive, too limited. That was the verdict of most hacks and punters on the early Google Chromebook laptops. Google has kept its shoulder to the wheel, though, and recently announced that 2000 schools are now using Chromebooks. Lenovo and HP have both recently jumped on the Chromebook bandwagon too, joining …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Page:

Re: I'd almost take the Acer

AJ

I understand & agree with you. Comment about Ethernet Adapter was mostly to inform the total audience.

Vendors should include all the usual "bells & whistles", plus non protuding SD Cards etc. However, your usage scenario implies that a wireless solution would be ideal. The less cables & clutter the better.

trackpad right-click

"There are still a few Chromebook idiosyncrasies knocking about, though, like a right-click of the trackpad seldom actually doing anything. If you want to open a context menu to create a folder, change the desktop wallpaper or correct a misspelling in Docs, it’s a two-fingered click on the trackpad you need. Right-clicking only works if you are using a USB mouse."

As a MacBook owner, I would contend that this is the ONE TRUE way. Though, with tap to click and tap-n-drag disabled by default on Apple's trackpads, it's a wonder anyone would want to use them, I always find myself wondering why the trackpad won't respond to taps when I log out or when I'm in the Apple store.

Hmm...

...is there anything a Chromebook WILL do that an Asus X401A won't? There's pretty much everything that a Chromebook will do in the Asus and a lot more that a Chromebook won't, apart from cost you £20 less in the UK natch.

Page:

This topic is closed for new posts.

Forums